Last revised on 25 May 2018
Adams Multilingual Recruitment may change this policy at any time. If we do, we will post an updated version of this document on our website and we will notify you of this change.
The personal data that Adams Multilingual Recruitment collects can be divided into two categories: data that we gather through the use of our website for the purpose of website analysis and cookies, and data that we gather for the purpose of carrying out recruitment processes to assist you in finding a job. Therefore, for the purpose of clarity, the information in this document is divided into two sections. The first section “Website analysis and marketing” applies to all website visitors, and the second section “Recruitment processes” applies to candidates using our recruitment services.
1. Website analysis and cookies
1.1 How we collect information
- Through your use of our website
You may view and use our website and we may use analytical cookies to collect information about your usage of our website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
1.2 What we collect
When visiting our website, we ask your consent to the collection of information that relates to your device, your browser and to the way you navigate our website content. The information collected can be your:
- IP address
- device type, browser and operating system
- browser language
- geographic location
- date and time of access
- the link through which you were redirected onto our website (the source of your visit)
- the website pages that you visit
- the hyperlinks you have clicked
- the amount of time spent on a particular page
The purposes for which we collect this data are to analyse trends, to manage the site and to collect demographic information, as well as the interests of our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically collected information to information with which your identity can be retrieved.
1.3 What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to monitor and improve our website and provide visitors with a better experience.
1.4 With whom we will share your information
We will share your personal information with third parties that provide a service to us. For instance, third parties helping us analysing data to improve our website. We will close a processing agreement with our third-party service providers obligating them to treat your personal data compliant to data protection law.
The data we collect is only processed inside the EU, we do not transfer any data outside the EU.
2. Recruitment processes
2.1 How we collect information
- When you fill in a form on our website
You may decide to register with us as a candidate, apply for jobs or sign up for job alerts – in which case you need to fill in personal data.
- By inviting you to submit information about yourself
In case we identified you as a potential candidate for one of our vacancies, we may contact you and offer the opportunity to submit the necessary information to be registered in our database and considered as a candidate.
- From third parties such as publicly available sources on the internet
We may search professional social network websites and job boards such where we find professional information that users post about themselves, such as LinkedIn or Monsterboard.
2.2 What we collect
When you register with us, when you apply for a job, or sign up for job alerts we collect data as part of the specific process of helping you find a job. This data is as follows:
- your full name
- your email address
- your language capabilities
- preferred location to work
- work availability
- your legal status for work in the EU
- your education details, employment history, current job title and any other information detailed on your CV
- your covering letter
- any other information that you provide to us and is relevant for a specific job such as your relevant skills and experience
We search professional websites and job boards, such as LinkedIn or Monsterboard, to find potential candidates. We gather information you have made public with the intention to be recruited. This concerns the following data:
- your full name
- your email address
- your education details
- employment history
- current job title and any other information detailed on your CV
When we identify you as a potential candidate we may request additional personal information that is necessary for the recruitment process:
- telephone number
- Skype ID
- contact information of referees
- reference information
- salary expectations
- copy of passport, ID
2.3 What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to find and select candidates and to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To assess your suitability and availability for a job
- To take up references
- To provide you with a service you have requested, that is, to help you find a job by matching your candidate profile with any vacancies we have received from our clients
- To arrange interviews with our colleagues at Adams and/or with our client
- To include your details in any administrative tasks related to a job interview or job offer
- To inform you about a position you might be interested in, such as job alert e-mails
- To share your CV with our clients
- To comply with our legal obligations - in some instances, we may be under a legal obligation to store certain information about our candidates
Processing your personal data for these purposes is necessary for the performance of the employment contract, providing you with the services you registered for and in other situations the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by Adams and its client in assessing your suitability as a candidate for a specific job.
With your consent, we also use your personal data to contact you by email for market research purposes or to make special announcements such as job alerts. You can opt out from receiving marketing emails and job alerts from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us. You can also change the frequency of job alerts in your personal Dashboard area on our website.
In some instances, we may be under a legal obligation to store or require certain information about our candidates.
2.4 With whom will we share your information?
The personal data we collect is only processed inside the EU, we do not transfer any data outside the EU.
Adams Multilingual Recruitment employees will not share your CV or any information you have provided to us for any reason other than to achieve the purpose of finding employment for you. We offer a full range of recruitment services to international companies. Therefore, if we have found a suitable candidate for a role we have been asked to fill by a particular client, we may provide the information we have about the candidate to the client. We will ask you for every particular company whether you would object to this.
- Third party service providers
We will share your personal data with third parties that provide a service to us. For example, we may share your email address with marketing service providers to assist us for marketing research purposes or for sending you newsletters. We will close a data processing agreement with our third party service providers obligating them to treat your personal data compliant to data protection law.
2.5 How long do we keep your information?
- If you personally register, apply for a job or sign up for job alerts via the website
The information that we collect from you will be kept for a maximum period of 2 years after your registration unless you have been in a recruitment process, in which case the information will be kept for 2 years after the last contact we had with you.
We will contact you towards the end of the 2-year period by email to ask you if you would like us to continue retaining your personal data. If we do not receive consent from you to retain your personal data within 4 weeks, we will delete it from our systems accordingly.
- If we find your CV via third parties such as LinkedIn or Monsterboard
The personal data we collect will be kept for a maximum period of 4 weeks unless we contact you and offer to register personally on our website. If you register, we will keep your personal data for the same period as other registrants.
If under a legal obligation, we require a copy of your ID or passport, we will delete the copy after a maximum period of 4 weeks.
The references will be kept until the recruitment process for that specific vacancy is finished.
- If you enter into a (temporary) employment relationship with us
If you enter a (temporary) employment relationship with us, we will store the personal data for 2 years after the end of your employment contract as required by Dutch legislation, certain types of personal data must be retained for a longer period due to specific legislation. See paragraph 3.4 below for more information.
3. Your data protection rights
We commit to giving all candidates the ability to do all of the following:
- To see and review the information we have about you in our database and correct it if it’s wrong or outdated
- To have your personal data deleted or removed from our system unless we are legally required to retain the information.
- To restrict the processing of your information. You can send us a request to temporarily suspend your account to firstname.lastname@example.org. In this case, we will continue to store your data but we will not further process it unless we are required to do so by law.
- To get hold of and use the personal data you provided to us for your own purposes across different services.
- To object to processing of data related to direct marketing you can send a request to email@example.com
- To access your personal data and supplementary information we hold about you. You can send us an access request to firstname.lastname@example.org and within maximum one month from your request, we will provide you with all the information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the GDPR. In order to prevent loss of personal data or unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard and secure the information we process.
5. Links to other websites
Our website will contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Adams Multilingual Recruitment
1043 GR Amsterdam
A complaint concerning our processing of personal data can also be directed to the supervisory authority.