Last revised on 25 May 2018
Adams Multilingual Recruitment is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will treat the information you provide to us with the utmost respect and care. Should we ask you to provide certain information, whilst using our services, by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used for the purpose it was provided and in accordance with this privacy statement.
Adams Multilingual Recruitment may change this policy at any time. If we do, we will post an updated version of this document on our website and we will notify you of this change.
The data that Adams Multilingual Recruitment collects can be divided into 2 categories: data that we gather through the use of our website for the purpose of website analysis and marketing, and data that we gather for the purpose of carrying out recruitment processes to assist you in finding a job. Therefore, for the purpose of clarity, the information in this document is divided into 2 sections. The first section “Website analysis and marketing” applies to all website visitors, and the second section “Recruitment processes” applies to candidates using our recruitment services.
1. Website analysis and marketing
1.1 How we collect information
- Through your use of our website
You may view and use our website and we may use analytical cookies to collect information about your usage of our website.
1.2 What we collect
By visiting our website, you consent to the collection of information that relates to your device, your browser and to the way you navigate our website content. The information collected can be :
- your IP address
- your device type, browser and operating system
- your browser language
- your geographic location
- the date and time of access
- the link through which you were redirected on our website (the source of your visit)
- the website pages that you visit
- the hyperlinks you have clicked
- the amount of time spent on a particular page
The purposes for which we collect this data are to analyse trends, to manage the site and to collect demographic information, as well as the interests of our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically collected information to information with which your identity can be retrieved.
1.3 What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to monitor and improve our website and provide visitors with a better experience.
1.4 Your data protection rights
2. Recruitment processes
2.1 How we collect information
- Through the use of our website
You may decide to register with us as a candidate, apply for jobs or sign up for job alerts – in which case we request that you provide us with some personal information. Such information is necessary to enable us to assist you to find a job.
- By inviting you to submit information about yourself
In the event that we identify you as a potential candidate for one of our vacancies, we may contact you and offer the opportunity to submit the necessary information to be registered in our database and considered as a candidate.
- From third parties such as publicly available sources on the internet
We may search professional social network websites and job boards where we find professional information that users post about themselves, such as LinkedIn or Monsterboard.
2.2 What we collect
When you register with us, when you apply for a job, or sign up for job alerts we collect the personal data that you consent to provide as part of the specific process of helping you find a job. This data is as follows:
- your full name
- your email address
- your language capabilities
- preferred location to work
- work availability
- your legal status for work in the EU
- your education details, employment history, current job title and any other information detailed on your CV
- your covering letter
- any other information that you provide to us and is relevant for a specific job
When we identify you as a potential candidate we may request additional personal information that is necessary for the recruitment process:
- telephone number
- Skype ID
- contact information of referees
- passport, ID
2.3 What we do with the information we gather
With your consent, we require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with a service you have requested, that is, to help you find a job by matching your candidate profile with any vacancies we have received from our clients
- To include your details in any administrative tasks related to a job interview or job offer
- To inform you about a position you might be interested in
- To contact you by email for market research purposes or to make special announcements
- To comply with our legal obligations - in some instances, we may be under a legal obligation to store or require certain information about our candidates
2.4 With whom will we share your information?
The data we collect is only processed inside the EU, we do not transfer any data outside the EU.
Adams Multilingual Recruitment employees will not share your CV or any information you have provided to us for any reason other than to achieve the purpose of finding employment for you. We offer a full range of recruitment services to international companies. Therefore, if you are a potentially suitable candidate for a role we have been asked to fill by a particular client, we may provide the information we have about you to the client.
- Third party service providers
We will share your personal information with third parties that provide a service to us. For example, we may share your email address with marketing service providers like MailChimp to assist us for marketing research purposes or for sending you newsletters. In case of newsletters, we will ask for your consent beforehand.
2.5 How long do we keep your information?
- If you personally register, apply for a job or sign up for job alerts via the website
The information that we collect from you will be kept for a maximum period of 2 years after your registration, unless you have been in a recruitment process, in which case the information will be kept for 2 years after the last contact we had with you.
We will contact you towards the end of the 2-year period by email to ask you if you would like us to retain your information. If we do not receive consent from you to retain your information, we will delete it from our system accordingly.
- If we find your CV via third parties such as LinkedIn or Monsterboard
The information we collect will be kept for a maximum period of 4 weeks unless you register with us as a candidate, in which case we will keep your information for 2 years from the date of your registration, unless you have been in a recruitment process, in which case the information will be kept for 2 years after the last contact we had with you.
If, according to a legal obligation, we require a copy of your ID or passport, we will delete the copy after a maximum period of 4 weeks.
Any references will be kept until the recruitment process for that specific vacancy is finished.
2.6 Your data protection rights
We commit to giving all candidates the ability to do all of the following:
- To review the information we have about you in our database and correct it if it is wrong or outdated. You can view and edit your details by logging in to your personal Dashboard area on our website.
- To have your personal data deleted or removed from our system. You can request to be deleted from your personal Dashboard area on our website.
- To restrict the processing of your information. You can send us a request to temporarily suspend your account to firstname.lastname@example.org. In this case, we will continue to store your data but we will not further process it.
- To get hold of and use the personal data you provided to us for your own purposes across different services, you can download this data at any time in your personal Dashboard area on our website.
- To object to processing of data opt-out from receiving marketing emails and job alerts from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us. You can also change the frequency of job alerts in your personal Dashboard area on our website.
- To access your personal data and supplementary information we hold about you. You can send us an access request to email@example.com and within maximum one month from your request, we will provide you with all the information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the GDPR regulations. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable technical and organisational measures to safeguard and secure the information we process.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
5. Links to other websites
Our website will contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Adams Multilingual Recruitment
1043 GR Amsterdam
A complaint concerning our processing of personal data can also be directed to the supervisory authority.