We are currently seeking a Treasury and General Ledger Analyst for our international client – one of the market leaders in the entertainment sector. The role includes accounting for daily activities, performing monthly financial close tasks, analysing and proposing actions to reduce the Foreign Exchange results and participating in projects.
This position interacts with key finance, tax, treasury and audit personnel across the global business.
Duties: A) Treasury entity accounting - 50%:
- Daily monitoring to reconcile treasury bank account transactions, account for FX deals, cash-pool activities and report weekly accounting position.
- Weekly reconciliation & alignment of intercompany cash-pool transactions and Treasury bank accounts.
- Monthly and quarterly accounts closing: Dividend accruals, cash-pool activities, interest calculation, accounting for forwards and entry.
- Preparation of quarterly results deck and financial information for Corporate head office in line with US GAAP. Presentation of Treasury entity results to senior management.
- Liaison with external and internal auditors, provide inputs & explanations to audit data requests.
- Reporting of cash flow forecasts and actuals in Hyperion.
- Preparation of Treasury account; follow-up and resolution of all aged items in account reconciliations.
- Operating all processes in SOX compliant manner and building efficient controls into project deliverables.
- Maintaining and updating the entity control documentation
B) Treasury cash management activities - 15%:
- Reconciliation of daily bank statement.
- Identification of missing bank statements and resolves issues.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, bank clearing account reconciliations and managing sweep transactions at month end.
C) Foreign Exchange monitoring and management- 20%:
- Produces and analyses monthly results of key P&L accounts (e.g. FX and bank Interest).
- Prepares FX results analysis of the significant trading entity; provides reports and recommendations to local and HQ management.
- Investigates FX gain/losses and proposes solutions to avoid realised FX gains/losses.
- Supports Treasury department with ad hoc questions.
D) Reporting & Other – 10%:
- Contributes to monthly Financial Accounting meetings.
- Proactively identifies and delivers improvements to financial processes in own work area, the wider Treasury Operation group and the global cash-pool participants.
- Participates in projects.
- Supervises 1-2 team members in their delivery of general ledger accounting activities to the required deadlines.
- Acts as backup for the Financial Accounting Manager during absence.
JOB REQUIREMENTS TREASURY AND GENERAL LEDGER ANALYST
- 3+ years of experience in a financial accounting role including exposure to Treasury accounting. Accounting qualification, or in final stages of qualification in CIMA/ACCA or equivalent preferred.
- MBO/HBO degree in Financial Accounting. Background in a multinational group company.
- Has a sound knowledge of financial controls, preferably Sarbanes Oxley.
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Able to work independently, takes initiative and works under own direction.
- Ability to build, review and critically analyse complex FX results.
- Excellent customer service and good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Ambitious and curious with a strong work ethic.
- Experienced user of Office suite; highly proficient Excel user capable of using formulae and pivot tables.
- Experienced operator of an ERP system. Prior use of Oracle, OBIEE, Kyriba and Hyperion is a plus.
- Previous experience in supervising or coordinating others.
global, international, market leader in its industry
Informal and fun, quality driven and service minded, offering growth opportunities.