For our client – an innovative and growing company in the electrical systems sector, originally from Amsterdam yet operating internationally – we are currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer specializing in Power Electronics.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you provide 2nd and 3rd line technical support and advice from the Amsterdam office to the international customers (dealers based internationally). In addition, you contribute to increasing the level of knowledge of customers and colleagues by providing advice, feedback and training.
You work with two direct colleagues in Amsterdam and the Technical Support in the local offices in other countries.
- Answering technical questions from the clients in the Netherlands and abroad both by telephone and by email
- Supporting colleagues in foreign branches
- Writing technical manuals for buyers and colleagues
- Testing and simulating problems with installed equipment
- Reporting desired product improvements
- Creating and assessing RMA requests (Return Material Authorization)
- In exceptional cases, resolve malfunctions on location
- You have a technical education on HBO level
- You are interested in electrical systems and have basic knowledge (for instance through hobby)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- You communicate easily and enjoy answering questions from customers
- You have a good command of English. German is an advantage
- You work accurately and can organize yourself well
- You are energetic, solution-oriented, flexible, curious and enjoy working in a team
- You are used to working with Windows and Microsoft Office, Salesforce is a plus. You have experience working with software in systems and products
- You are willing to travel (occasionally)
What do they offer:
- An informal, enthusiastic, innovative and professional team to work in
- The company is very active in educating employees
- You will be supported in learning the products and company processes
- Many opportunities for self-development
- A direct contract for one year to start with that can be followed by an indefinite contract (long term job!)
- Attractive basic salary
- Public transport – fully paid; driving is reimbursed up €200 per month – free parking in Amsterdam!
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary performance bonus