For our international client – an e-commerce division of a large a multi-billion retail company – with a Finance Operations Center in Szczecin area we are currently seeking an ambitious and talented Tax Accountant.
The responsibilities of the Tax Accountant will be:
- Improving accounting processes from a VAT and duties perspective
- Designing and set up of automated and manual controls on VAT compliance & data quality
- Maintaining and continuously improve on Tax compliance
- Securing the right data to prepare tax filing
- Preparing and monitoring tax filings to be sent to our Tax Service Provider(s) onVAT, EC sales, Intrastat and Duties for various countries across Europe
- Ensuring timely payment of tax returns
- Guide handling and payment of duties on non-EU exports and imports
- Accounting for duties on non-EU imports and export
- Working with stakeholders across all e-commerce division and developing effective relationships as needed
Furthermore, the tax specialist will be responsible for reconciling tax returns with the balance positions of the various entities. The tax specialist will also maintain tax related master data, e.g. VAT codes and rates. Proper application of VAT rules, completion of controls (reconciliations, VAT reasonableness tests, sanity checks etc.).
To set up the right processes, the tax specialist will run an assessment of current processes that have a tax impact. As part of this, the specialist will identify any ‘tax backlog’ incurred.
The tax specialist will also act as the contact person for group Finance and Tax. Once the above is fulfilled the tax specialist will also act as a tax advisor when assessing new business opportunities in E-commerce. Next to strong experience in the above matters; the tax specialist has a solid knowledge of accounting principles and processes.
Requirements (experience, qualifications, competencies):
- Accounting background, minimum Bachelor level
- VAT background, minimum Bachelor level
- Experience in a shared service environment preferable
- Experience in working with Navision preferable
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills
- Natural problem solver
Interested? Please don't hesitate to contact Sylvia at Adams Multilingual Recruitment +31 6 5513 0268