Our international client is looking to extend its European presence and global footprint with the launch of their new Amsterdam office. Working for this client in Europe has the feel of a small start-up with the benefits of being part of one of the leading quantitative trading firms in the World.
As part of the Trade Desk technical operations team, this role will have primary responsibility for managing the real-time production trading environment for the company.
What You'll Do
The Trading Systems Engineer will solve complex problems that require both technical and business understanding. The engineer will work with traders, operations, exchanges, and developers to optimize the trading environment and investigate and solve system issues.
- Proactively monitor and troubleshoot large-scale trading systems and exchange/venues
- Implement moves/adds/changes to production trading environment
- Build and maintain devops toolkit for the production trading system including configuration management, process management, deployment, monitoring, data collection, and analysis
- Collaborate across the technology organization to analyze and troubleshoot complex system problems
- Perform in-depth analysis of system performance
- Work closely with Risk Management and Operational Trading Support teams to coordinate changes and manage incidents
- Interact directly with traders to communicate technology changes, manage incidents, and troubleshoot problems
- Manage and assess operational risk of change control into the production environment
- Define and document process and procedure
- Provide second and third level support and mentor other trade desk analysts
Skills You'll Need
- Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in an IT ops role, such as DevOps, Linux Systems Engineering, or Network Engineering
- Good level of python and shell scripting
- Familiarity with C++ is advantageous
- A rigorous, detail-oriented approach to operations
- Strong understanding of the linux operating system, including network and system configuration, kernel internals, scheduling, performance tuning
- Strong understanding of networking concepts such as routing, multicast, LLDP, VLAN tagging, ethernet
- A deep sense of ownership and urgency
Please send your CV to me as quickly as possible. Let me know your availability and current salary level. Please note we can only consider candidates in possession of an EU status OR candidates who have no restrictions working here.
David Gibbons – 020 5800345. firstname.lastname@example.org.