For our customer – a global and listed company in data management and cloud computing sector – we are currently seeking a Solutions Engineer for their DACH region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland).
The Solution Engineer will be based in their Vienna office and will provide technical support to Sales Representatives as well as technical advice to client in the region in question.
- Pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions
- Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Assists the sales staff in assessing the potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions
- May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions
- May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate the feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client
- May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with prospects, customers, and cross-functional teams to meet performance goals
- Account management and project management experience
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Travel to the prospective customer's sites as necessary
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
What do they offer:
- An indefinite direct contract
- An attractive basic salary and a bonus scheme
- Medical care with a private healthcare provider
- 30 holidays
- 5 days off in case an employee want to do a voluntary work
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Life and disability insurance