For one of our clients, an international and fast-growing company in Amsterdam we are looking for a Financial Analyst with a commercial mindset, to join a team of 4 in our client's EU HQ in Amsterdam. In this role, you will provide analysis and reporting of business performance for the Benelux and Nordics business units, including evaluation against KPIs, and recommendations of corrective action where appropriate.
Senior Financial Analyst | Responsibilities:
- Coordination of annual budget and monthly forecasting processes, in accordance with Corporate guidelines.
- Inventory and Receivables budget and forecasting with appropriate analysis as required.
- Review and approve the monthly actual results. Manage & interpret trends and determine the impact on the quarterly/annual forecast, and making appropriate recommendations to the Finance Manager.
- Lead mid-month review meeting.
- Review of weekly account/brand sales reports to identify major movements & deviations from forecast expectations.
- Preparation & supporting the justification of key monthly reserves including obsolescence provision; credit note provision; rebate provisions & monitoring of JMA / A&P reserves.
- Monthly balance sheet review to ensure the integrity of reported results and identify potential contingencies and exposures.
- Review of overheads costs and phasing vs forecast and budget.
- Provide a decision support role to the sales and marketing teams, with emphasis on the regular financial evaluation of customer and brand initiatives.
- Preparation of the monthly Financial/Business Review Packs, for review with the Financial Planning Manager.
Sr. Financial Analyst | The offer includes:
- 32 days of holidays + you can take off on your birthday!
- 13th month
- 100% travel reimbursement
- 8% holiday pay
- Flexible start time between 7.30AM – 9.30AM
- A direct contract for 1 year (with the possibility of extension)
- Premium free pension contribution
- 1 day off per year to do charity work
- Flat and informal work culture
Requirements | Senior Financial Analyst:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a Financial Analyst role, ideally in a retail / FMCG environment.
- Excellent analytical skills. Experience to include: brand/account profitability analysis, retail sales tracking analysis, variance analysis in both P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Knowledge of SAP or Oracle.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Proficient English speaker - French or Nordics is a plus
- We are looking for a positive team player, flexible, hands-on and enthusiastic individual.
For applications and inquiries, contact Georgia at : firstname.lastname@example.org