almost 2 years ago
Our client, a mission-driven organisation in higher education, is searching for a Senior Communications Officer to join their growing team in Amsterdam. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will be a resident communications specialist who is able to think strategically and effectively execute their ideas for the growth of the company. The successful candidate should be a storyteller at heart, has the ability to transform complex concepts into easy to digest, captivating communications solutions. The successful candidate should also be able to thrive in a dynamic international team where he or she can harness creative ideas and translate them into workable plans. This role will also be reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications.
• Proactively contribute to the organisation’s marketing and communications strategy in order to advance their mission and strengthen our reputation as the European centre for expertise, networking and resources in the internationalisation of higher education.
• Collaborate with the team of graphic designers, content specialists, and marketeers to propose and spearhead communications and branding solutions that will improve the experiences we offer to our target audiences.
• Develop engaging collateral across all media ranging from press releases, blog posts, and social media to video scripts, event communications, targeted e-mails, and more.
• Quality assure the work of the team, develop communication plans and organise team planning meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English or related field.
• Minimum five years of experience in a similar position.
• Native English speaker with excellent writing and editing skills in English.
• Experience working with content management systems and e-mail marketing software.
• A proven ability to use the web and social media to engage with target audiences.
• Experience working in the (international) higher education sector preferred.
• Based in the Netherlands with a valid work permit.
• Available to start no later than 1 August
• No holidays planned August until September 16th due to our annual conference period
• You have an entrepreneurial drive: You like to take up a challenge and shape a new idea. You pull the necessary people together and then hands-on deliver something new and improved.
• You are a team player: You possess a unique ability to work with a variety of people at all levels of an organisation to achieve a shared goal. You’re excited to work cross- functionally with other teams and with individuals from different backgrounds.
• You pay attention to the details: You strive for excellence in everything you do. You understand the smallest details matter. Typos are your pet-peeve, but you know when to choose progress over perfection.
• You see the bigger picture: You're able to break a large project into bite-size pieces while always keeping your eye on the big goal. You think two steps ahead and are aware of the consequences of decisions and/or actions for the entire organisation.
• The association offers a stimulating work environment, a generous benefit package, and an international staff who are dedicated to our mission. What more could you ask for? Maybe free fresh fruit, Nespresso and a chair massage? We provide those things too!
• Competitive salary based on experience, based on 30-37.5 hours per week (4-5 days).
• 25 days of holiday per year (plus 10 days at Christmas).
• Pension Contribution
• 75% of daily transportation covered if you live outside of Amsterdam.
• 50% of monthly health insurance coverage covered.
• Opportunities for professional development.