over 2 years ago
In this job you are responsible for:
- Monitoring procedures to ensure compliance with Internal Controls.
- Reviewing of the rebate balances including quarterly review of potential releases.
- Reviewing and monitoring any known financial exposures and report to the Group Commercial Director, Sales Director and Finance Controller.
- Monitoring and approving the correct validation and payment of invoices.
- Managing two staff members including setting objectives, completing appraisals and monitoring performance.
- Reviewing and approval of all sales promotions, price changes, new line forms and de-list forms.
- Implement and maintain the current pricing policies, including the management and control of the weekly price check reports ensuring that these have been appropriately authorised by the sales department in a timely manner.
- Control of the deduction balances to ensure that deduction are processed in a timely manner or corrective action is taken to ensure recoverability of the balance.
- Act as a key figure between Buying, Sales and Logistics departments regarding contacts with customers and suppliers for all current affairs (contract management).
- Management and involvement in various ad hoc projects, such as acquisitions.
- Involvement in implementation and roll out of continuous Sales Administration development initiatives and process reviews both on SAP and within the business.
- Involvement in recruitment and selection process.
- Supervision of workload, including re-allocation of resource during periods of absence due to illness or holidays to ensure adequate coverage.
- Submission of weekly report.
- Liaise with credit control in the UK to ensure issues are resolved promptly.
- Have intermediate/ higher vocational education, preferably in business administration; intermediate/ higher vocational level of working and thought.
- Excellent mastery of English (verbal and written), the ideal candidate also has knowledge of Dutch, French, German and Polish.
- Proven line management experience essential.
- Previous experience of FMCG environment would be preferable.
- Knowledge of the sales and finance functions would also be an advantage.
- Previous process improvement experience highly desirable.
- Highly numerate and literate with proven report writing skills.
- SAP experience is preferable.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong query resolution experience essential.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be proactive, assertive and be able to work on own initiative.
- Must be able to demonstrate techniques for motivation, diplomacy, delegation and treatment of sensitive issues.
- Adaptable to change.
- Have work experience within an internationally (in a number of European countries) operating organization, preferably experience within an English business culture.
- Flexible and hands on working mentality to work in an ever changing environment.
- Be service and result oriented.