almost 2 years ago
Our dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast moving client is a major player in a niche sector of the FMCG industry. This US business was established 13 years ago and has grown rapidly and impressively. The European HQ in Amsterdam was set up a few years ago and is currently in post start-up phase within Europe. A new management team has been put together to drive the business throughout the EMEA region. A very exciting time to join a very exciting business.
The Regional Sales Manager position is responsible for developing and growing profitable sales / relationships with customers in the allocated territory. The Regional Sales Manager will define goals in the Southern Europe region in long and short term perspectives and will ensure top quality implementation of the approved Business Plan. The RSM will foster a winning mind-set, balancing today’s business pressures and anticipating tomorrow’s opportunities.
Achieving revenue and profit targets is the core focus of the Regional Sales Manager.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Deploying Sales in the region, delivering on:
- Sales and Profit targets short and long terms
- Sales planning and controlling
- Route to market review and optimisation
- Sales results analysis and monthly and weekly reporting
Key account management
- Set up monthly and annual individual targets in volume and promotion for Key Customers and develop the action plans;
- Negotiate with Key customers to agree in-outlet execution standard, promotional plan and sales targets.
- Regularly check the key customers if negotiated terms are set-up and maintained;
- Ensure proper utilization of budgets in accordance with guidelines, rules and contracts;
- Maintain reporting by Key customer and analyse monthly performance of each Key customer versus KPIs and agreed actions;
- Evaluate efficiency of the consumer promotions and prepare proposals for its improvement;
- Prepares, presents to Management the Country the annual investment plan in order to have it approved
- Operates only within the budget approved for assigned area;
- Demonstrate discipline and ownership in budget split, tracking and it’s utilization for all functions in the country;
- Ensure utilization of the budgets strictly in line with guidelines, approved amounts and allocation by customers;
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who can say YES to the following;
- Entrepreneurial; problem solver, optimist, results oriented
- Born leader; able to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain successful relationships externally and internally
- Analytical, articulate, accurate and persuasive communicator and negotiator
- Ability to handle tasks efficiently, well-structured and solid planner
- Enjoys working in a flat organization structure
- Experienced MS-office user, advanced Excel user skills preferred
Work experience requirements
- Previous middle management experience, preferably with leadership experience
- Min 5 years FMCG sales experience within food and drink sector.
- Worked with various route-to-market solutions across multiple countries
- Relevant Key Account Management experience
- Solid understanding of Consumer Marketing
- University degree, preferably in Business/Economics
- Languages: English fluent, Spanish ideally. Knowledge of Dutch preferably.
- Driver’s licence.
We are only interested in candidates who are already based in the Netherlands and, ideally, within commuting distance of Amsterdam.
Please send your CV and letter of introduction to me as quickly as possible. Let me know your current salary level and notice period too.
Cell phone: +31 6 2231 0991