In a competitive recruitment market the Sourcer plays a crucial role in the recruitment process. Not all job hunters respond to open job advertisements so a Sourcer will use proactive recruitment techniques to identify, assess and engage candidates. The market is moving quickly so it is vital that the Sourcer is even quicker in identifying those hidden gems that our clients are looking for. You have to love searching and researching and have to have an interest in people to be successful. You can spend hours at a time hunting through CV sites, job boards, Linkedin etc. but the satisfaction of finding that elusive candidate far outweighs the time you have devoted.
So what are your main responsibilities?
- You will support our Finance/IT and Executive Recruiters. They will brief you on the role, the candidate, the industry etc.
- You will source for candidates on the company database as well as external job boards.
- You will register and track candidates effectively.
- As you build up your knowledge and experience we will expect you to have the first interaction with the candidate.
- You will pre-qualify candidates on the telephone and support the Recruiters in setting up interviews in the office.
- You will also be expected to take part in any Recruitment events that we organise or attend.
And the requirements?
What makes the perfect Sourcer? Let's use an acronym
- Speed - We have to find that candidate quickly.
- Opportunity - We have to sell this opportunity to them and get them hooked.
- Unflappable - You keep calm under pressure and keep smiling.
- Realistic - You appreciate that some time it won't work and you don't beat yourself up about it.
- Creative - Every candidate is different. Every search is unique. Creativity is king.
- Enthusiasm - You will love working here and your candidates will need to feel that enthusiasm when you speak with them.
- Resilient - You don't give up. You keep on going and find different routes when the journey is a tough one.
As well as all of the above you will need:
- Business fluency in the English language.
- Currently available and eligible for an internship for 4 - 6 months.
- Some previous office based experience
- Excellent researching skills.
- Good communicator via social platforms as well as business networking.
- Living in close proximity to Amsterdam and no restrictions on working in the Netherlands.
- We expect you to have a home, a Dutch Bank account and a BSN number. A bicycle is optional.