For one of our clients, a Fortune 500 company offering a green and sustainable solution, we are looking for a Health and Safety Professional to join their team. They have recently moved to Amsterdam and will be setting up a full office and should be fully operational as of January 2019. The concept is innovative and they are expected to expand very rapidly.
In this position their main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Responsibility for developing and implementing Management Systems.
- Developing and implementing QSHE Strategies, Policies and Objectives for the organization.
- Developing methods to promote safe Health and Safety working practices.
- Establish appropriate training on health and safety and learning events.
- Reporting to all levels including Board level.
- Carrying out Accident /incident investigations, producing reports and giving future recommendations.
- Liaising with regulatory authorities to ensure the organisation is compliant to regulations and keeping up to date with new legislation.
- Reporting to the Environment Agency regarding all aspects of EU-ETS, IPPC including implementation of ISO 14001.
- Undertaking and overseeing QSHE Audits / inspections.
- Ensure REACH Compliance, pre-register output substances.
- Managing hazardous substances and the disposal of chemicals.
- Carrying out, managing and reviewing risk assessments and method statements.
- Advising on a range of specialist areas at all levels.
- Attending seminars and meetings.
- Chairing QSHE Committee Meetings and workshops.
- Staff training and development - new starter inductions, reviewing employees needs regarding training and organizing training courses with appropriate training providers.
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience and knowledge of the Environment Agency ERP Permitting and Reporting System.
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience and knowledge of EUETS / Carbon Trading and Reporting knowledge.
- Experience of ISO 9001 / 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Experience communicating with local authorities.
- Experience of legislation and reporting.
- Experience in working in a large scale chemical plant