For our client – an international organization in healthcare industry we are currently seeking a Project Officer - Lab Equipment and Supplies (POL) to cover a maternity leave.
In your role as POL, you are the focal point of contact for all internal and external requests relating to lab equipment and supplies. You are responsible for providing reliable sources for products in specific lab categories, working in close cooperation with Purchase and Sales. You optimize the lab assortment as much as possible, in accordance with the product requirements of the customer.
- Supporting Sales with product identification for diagnostics, lab equipment and supplies;
- Analyzing all requests relating to lab equipment and supplies;
- Sourcing and contacting suppliers/wholesalers to get the best terms and conditions possible, in close cooperation with the Purchase department and the Strategic & Tactical Buyer;
- Building and maintaining relationships with reliable suppliers;
- Providing advice to customers on suitable alternatives if the requested products are not available;
- Ensuring the right processes and policies are in place and up-to-date to maintain an appropriate supplier base;
- Ensuring all required information for diagnostics, lab equipment and supplies is available and up-to-date in ERP system and is correctly maintained in the product database;
- Providing training/coaching to the Sales and Purchase team.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Life Sciences or similar discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a lab equipment and supplies environment;
- Extensive and proven knowledge of the technical and commercial aspects of laboratory supplies;
- Microbiology knowledge is a plus;
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably JD Edwards;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- Flexible and positive attitude, ability to meet the changing requirements of the donor/contractor;
- Proactive and innovative mindset;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Highly accurate, with attention to detail and quality.
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of French is a plus.