Program Manager | Food
This position involves data analysis, information visualization, process improvement, project management and report writing as well as working with a cross functional team that includes sales account managers, data analysts, project managers, industrial engineers, food scientists and field technicians. It also involves working with customers – most commonly QA or operations managers at large food retailers. Finally, the ideal candidate will prove to be a quick learner and resourceful problem solver.
- Manage databases, analyze data and create reports. Identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations for corrective actions in our customer’s cold chain.
- Provide cold chain management expertise to customers.
- Facilitate the flow of information amongst members of cross functional team.
- Continuously improve skills and expertise in 3 key areas: handling of perishable food items, process improvement and cold chain management/refrigeration.
- Present at customer and industry events.
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Fluent English skills, written and verbal are required.
- Fluency in another language desired (Italian, Spanish, Dutch).
- Experience in the food supply chain and working experience with Sales strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience in cold chain management, transportation, refrigeration or food distribution is strongly desired, but not required.
- Positive attitude able to combine technical knowledge, commercial knowledge and analysis into action.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical and communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and service orientation.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Flexible work attitude and a team player
- Availability for travel. This function entails up to 25% travel, typically 1-3 days in length.