Our client, a very recognizable name in active and sports apparel is searching for a PRODUCT MERCHANDISER |GERMAN to join their energetic team. This pioneering company is passionate about creating innovative and versatile products that are suitable for both casual wear or the great outdoors.
This role will be all about a comprehensive understanding of their target consumers and working with a team that seeks to understand the consumers' habits, possible influences and existing trends in order to be able to build the best products. In order to be relevant, the company always seeks to be ahead of trends, looking into platforms that are new to consumers. A careful consideration of trends and marketplace information allow this company to build the right product for their consumers, available at the right time and in their favourite stores.
As a Product Merchandiser, this role will report to the Head of Merchandising and the successful candidate will be part of a team of 3 Merchandisers. You will be part of the team that is responsible for driving the seasonal vision and strategy of a specific category.
- Build the optimum range structure:
- Collect consumer relevance and market insights;
- Aligned with the brand direction and seasonal targets (range size, value and margin);
- To ensure growth in each distribution channel and segmentation level.
Also, cross-functionally manage the GTM process:
- Lead/participate to all relevant milestones needed in the end-to-end process in order to contribute to the seasonal plan and targets;
- Partner with the cross functional team (product/design/merchandising) in order to drive the given category line from Range Plan to GTM;
- Partner with Marketing, Product and Sales to define relevant seasonal stories and key outfits;
- Cross-functionally ensure that all the needed sell-in tools are provided in due time.
Be the market expert:
- Work on sell-in and sell-out analysis of your given markets;
- Collect qualitative feedback from markets and implement key learning when globally relevant;
- Support the markets by delivering the needed tools/info for Sell-In meeting.
- Effective GERMAN and ENGLISH verbal and written communication skills IS A MUST. The tasks of this role will include presentations to various cross-functional partners in such languages.
- Educational level: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- About 2 years of experience in product merchandising or product management
- International experience is needed (preferably in the DACH region)
- Excellent attention to details
- Consumer-centric mindset
- Ability to take initiative, proficient information seeking skills, and a drive for results
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
Our client is looking to meet candidates as quickly as possible so please send your CV and brief motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we can only consider candidates currently living in the Netherlands and within easy commuting distance of Sassenheim/Warmond area. Please do not apply unless you have EU status or a current valid work permit for the Netherlands.