Our client, an international and prestigious company with offices in Amsterdam, is looking for an experienced Patent Administrator to join their European patent group and to protect their rights to innovations.
In this role as a Patent Administrator, you will:
- Review patent correspondence, extract relevant information and coordinate disposition.
- Initiate filing of EP and PCT applications, including preparing complex legal documents for such patent filings.
- Deal with formal requirements such as preparing and filing of subsequent documents with the European Patent Office (EPO).
- Receiving instructions the Patent Case Managers.
- Maintain and follow up on the docket of prosecution deadlines.
- Maintain records related to the prosecution of patent applications.
- Support special projects related to our client’s worldwide patent portfolio
- Work with internal patent attorneys and international law firms utilizing in-depth knowledge of foreign patent rules and requirements.
- Docket and review docketing of patent information for accurate and appropriate entry into the docket.
- Establish good working relationships with other IP group and Legal department personnel.
- Update policies and procedures as directed to accommodate changes in internal accounts and legal considerations.
- Ensure compliance with patent handling procedures.
- Provide other support services such as organizing travel and meetings, preparing reports and presentations, providing backup to other Patent Paralegals / Administrators and docketing personnel
The ideal Patent Administrator holds:
- BSc in the Legal or Business field
- 2-5 years in a similar role
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of EPO applications, such as EPO Online Account, CMS, EPO filing software
- Experience with CPI (Computer Packages Inc.) IP Management System, or other docketing systems highly desirable.
- Patent research skills are desirable, including working knowledge of online research tools in PAIR, Espacenet, PATENTSCOPE, and other foreign patent office databases.
- The ability and willingness to learn new software applications
Do you wish to join a great employer and be a part of a dynamic, hands-on team?
For more info, please contact Androniki Zafeiropoulou at +31 6 5266 8852 or firstname.lastname@example.org