For one of our clients with more than 100 years’ experience in recycling, sustainability and the non-ferrous metals industry, we are looking for a German native speaker to join them as a trader.
In this position you are responsible for sourcing non-ferrous scrap metal within Germany. The position will involve being in the office and also visiting clients on a regular basis.
For this role we are looking for someone who has not only great commercial skills but also good analytical skills, good administration skills, someone who is happy to monitor market developments, look at trends and carry out in-depth analysis. This person needs to be a strategist. We are looking for an entrepreneurial type of person who wants to nurture and develop good relationships with current and future accounts.
The industry is very specific and requires in-depth training and therefore the company will provide a full training on their products and the metals market. This training will take around 3 months and after 3 months you will be a full trader, operating in the field and managing your own targets, prospects and accounts.
The main responsibilities of this role will be as follows:
- Sourcing a certain volume of scrap metal in the German territory keeping your KPI’s on margin, quality and also service in mind.
- As a trader you will be responsible for the full sales cycle. This includes finding scrap metals negotiating volume and price, striking a deal, ensuring a deposit and then full payment has been made, organize transportation of the goods, receive the goods and ensure that the quality of the goods is as per customers original declaration, send invoice.
- Full sales cycle is handled through a customer management system making it easy, transparent and clear to all parties.
- Development and account management of existing suppliers and also focusing on new business.
- Gathering and analysing the market potential in your designated territory. Monitoring the macro-economic developments, trends and strategy for your territory to share with your team and manager
- Educating clients
Skills needed to become a non ferrous metal trader?
- Native or fluent German Speaker and English language at professional proficiency
- Bachelors or a Masters degree
- 3-10 years of commercial experience in a similar or relevant sector
- Commercial talent with proven negotiation and persuasion skills
- Hands-on approach and motivation
- Affinity or interest in sustainability
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work autonomously but also in teams
Our client offers a competitive compensation package and an exciting benefits package. They offer in-depth training and development and the chance to work with very passionate and intelligent people!