Our client, a leading name in the Consumer Electronics/Home-care sector, is looking for a Market Intelligence Manager to join their international team in Amsterdam. The company was formed over 140 years ago in the US and remains a family owned business. A market leader in the US and a growing presence and business globally, and continuing to offer exciting and rewarding opportunities.
The International Office in Amsterdam, responsible for markets across Europe and Asia, has an immediate opportunity for an International Market Intelligence Manager who will act as the main point-of-contact for International market data (Europe, UK, Russia, Asia).
The successful candidate will develop in-depth understanding of the company’s consumers, shoppers and competitors and increase awareness and understanding of continuous data across other business departments. Collect quantitative and qualitative market data from in-and external sources, analyse and transform data into insights fulfilling the business needs, in order to give business direction and deliver correct, timely and complete information that guides decision making on a strategic and tactical level.
- Act as a point of contact for all market research and insights related topics, leading and coordinating all aspects of consumer, shopper and marketing market research projects, including agency contact, questionnaire design, analysis and presentations. Ensure that all primary research is done with the intention of making business decisions. Report out learnings, implications, and recommendations from all international-led primary research.
- Maintain the Knowledge Library and regularly connect with Global MI team to ensure the data is reciprocally shared to increase efficiencies.
- Building a network with peers in the industry (or adjacent industries) to stimulate and steer on co-creation and information sharing; Actively seek collaboration with the global research and analytics community to arrive stronger insights.
- Investigate the opportunities around new spaces, identify knowledge gaps and propose a learning plan.
Other key responsibilities:
- Identify and investigate market trends that drive the future of floor care industry. Provide solid input for Advanced Development Teams, e.g. by or organizing and/or facilitating insights sessions and ideation workshops.
- Understand and effectively manage data for the company’s key product launches with tracking on performance.
- Manage and analyze company’s sell-in and sell-out data and work with other market data for the company (GFK, Euromonitor, NPD, Google Analytics, etc).
- Manage and answer ad-hoc internal requests and fulfilling these in order of priority and within the agreed-upon deadlines.
- Monitor competitors’ news and conduct benchmarking studies to provide insights into our product development.
- Visit the relevant trade shows/ fairs (e.g. IFA, CAS) and de-brief the teams on the competitors’ news, major floor care and SDA trends that may be relevant forthe company's product development.
- Contribute to improving team’s knowledge by sharing up-to-date market news and trends via quarterly newsletter.
- Contribute to effective and efficient processes, techniques and systems in the market intelligence and/or database field
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Economic/Statistics, Marketing, Market Research or equivalent.
- 4-5 years of experience in the same capacity
- Significant proficiency and experience in GFK or similar tools
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Proven background and experience in working within the client side, or agency research or analytics team on primary research management.
- Ability to handle complex questions that requires abstract thinking and context thinking.
- Affinity with developing concepts for a specific professional (marketing intelligence) discipline by taking the context as a starting point.
- A collaborative mindset and ability to effectively communicate with diverse teams in the company.
Please apply to the job directly and send a letter of motivation immediately to email@example.com. Please confirm your current salary level and notice period.