Looking for your next role in a truly global company? No need to look further! Our client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer, to join their global team.
Your future employer is a leading provider in cold-chain visibility solutions for global leading companies in the food and pharmaceuticals industries.
Responsibilities | Manufacturing Engineer:
- Supports the required processes and procedures of our client’s electronic and real-time product lines including the development of manufacturing processes, testing procedures, operator instructions, and training. Supports and validates turnkey supplier manufacturing processes.
- Maintains applicable work, test, and process documentation. Performs sustaining engineering functions such as support any automation lines and machines, and fixtures if needed. Supports the product development process.
- Develops/maintains/approves performance measurements, metrics, product reliability/testing, and continuous improvement projects as assigned.
- Oversees test, process control, and associated internal and external documentation and ensures updates are approved, released, and followed as necessary.
- Works with procurement in qualifying suppliers, defining special requirements, testing, and processes verification/ validation. Leads and coordinates continuous process /product improvement and cost reduction initiatives along with other tasks as assigned.
- Supports the new product development process, new automation equipment specification/design/development/validation, and existing/released products as required, with:
- Electronic component level troubleshooting and characterization capabilities.
- Test plan creation and fixture design.
- Electrical design, wiring, soldering, and troubleshooting.
- Using hand and electrical tools when fixtures are designed and made.
- Hand assembly and rework skills in Surface Mount Technology.
- BOM/drawing creation, approvals, and maintenance.
- Mechanical design- SolidWorks, AutoCAD.
- Provide escalated tier 3 support for existing and newly-released products and have solid product troubleshooting/debugging skills paired with the ability to resolve product issues.
- Installing, troubleshooting and upgrading applications on Windows operating systems.
Qualifications | Manufacturing Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of related work experience.
- Mechanical background or experience along with the electrical background is needed as well.
- Experience with Windows operating systems, installing, troubleshooting and upgrading applications
- Familiarity with quality manufacturing process and volume production environments.
- Experience using AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- System engineering experience with wireless products and with the design of cellular-based GSM/GPRS products and cellular-based protocols is a Plus.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot electronic PCBA’s and system level issues with wireless devices is a Plus.
- Able to apply applicable technology to provide practical solutions while fostering innovation, problem-solving, and creative solutions in the disciplines specific to the Engineering Services function described herein.
- Previous ISO 9001 work environment experience.