about 2 years ago
The key focus of this role is to executes human resources programs and initiatives in one or more areas of total rewards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
HRIS Optimization (50%): - responsible for the configuration, implementation and maintenance of human resource information systems (HRIS) associated with the collection, retrieval, accessibility and usage of employee information for Human Resource department planning and activities.
Maintains the integrity of database files and develops custom reports to meet the requirements of management.
Works with his/her manager to evaluate HRIS software needs.
Serves as HR department liaison to IT and Finance functions.
Specific responsibilities associated with supporting the International Business Unit include:
- Pro-actively looks for and implements HRIS simplification and standardization opportunities
- Drives improvement opportunities for operational processes and documentation
- Aligns local HRIS activities to global HRIS strategy
- Integrates acquisition data
- Develops reports and analyzes HR data
- Configures and tests systems changes
- Supports interface design and testing
- Coordinates and supports audits
- Ensures appropriate data governance, controls and compliance
- Trains HR personnel on how to use the system and works with HR teams to ensure data integrity
International Benefits (50%): Lead, and where required, supports local HR in activities to develop, implement and manage benefit programs and policies within countries outside of the United States. Specific responsibilities associated with supporting the International Business Unit include:
- Utilizes benefits expertise in Europe and develops as subject matter expert for all international benefits
- Supports management and local Human Resources in the planning, development and (re)design of benefit programs
- Uses knowledge of HRIS to create process to ensure accurate benefit deductions
- Collaborates with local HR to research and resolve any employee benefits questions and issues where needed
- Proactively assists with the identification of coverage gaps and ensures compliance
- In conjunction with local HR, promotes and communicates wellness and health education initiatives
- Engages with and directs as appropriate both local and global consultants/brokers with respect to international benefits, while finding ways to consolidate those relationships
- Analyzes discrepancies in service performance and makes recommendations for updates
- Assists with the completion of the benefits harmonization project
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A proven professional that enhances process and activity in area of expertise. Key skills and abilities include influencing, presentation, communication, and process development. Advance analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills are required.
- Proven track record in international total rewards, specifically in the areas of benefits and HRIS, relevant experience in the total reward impact of integrating mergers and acquisitions, ability to think and act strategically as well as ability and willingness to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and work operationally / with a hands-on mentality.
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and lead / influence without authority, extremely capable in managing and communicating internationally (through virtual, remote communication tools).
- Demonstrates high level of engagement, and self-starter attitude, good negotiator. Ability to effectively engage with and manage external consultants (Mercer, TW, etc.) as needed within agreed budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or local equivalent of same.
- 5 years of experience working with PeopleSoft data administration, including multi-table query writing.
- 5 years of experience working in European benefits with an knowledge of various benefit plans.
- 3 - 5 years of experience conducting complex analysis and preparing and presenting management reporting.
- Experience working with Works Councils and Labor Unions is preferred.
- Knowledge of benefits in countries outside Europe is preferred.
Interested in this unusual hybrid HR role?
Please send your CV to email@example.com. Please let me know your current salary level and notice period.