Our client is an international congress and convention organization with Headquarters in Amsterdam. They were established in 1963 and comprise over 1,000 member companies and organisations in almost 100 countries worldwide.
Due to new leadership and continued growth, they have a new opening for an experienced specialist to join the organisation in a newly crafted position.
- Manage the strategic growth of the organisation’s membership.
- Advise on compliance with all governance matters including recruitment policy, elections and General Assembly voting.
- Manage information flows to and from the Board of Directors (BOD).
- Organise all Board of Directors (BOD) meeting logistics.
- Create and implement the compliance strategy of the organisation.
- Create a long-term membership growth strategy in consultation with the CEO.
- Responsible for the overall new membership increase and retention of existing members.
- Advise Regional Directors on recruitment policy & appropriateness of candidate members.
- Ensure all new member applications forwarded to the BOD meet the required criteria for acceptance.
- Advise on and implement all changes to Articles of Association and By-laws, including liaison with legal advisers and notaries.
We are looking for candidates who can match the following requirements:
- Degree level education.
- Ideally already living close to Amsterdam and with full rights to work in the EU.
- Fluent written and spoken English communication skills; a working knowledge of two or more other European languages would be an advantage.
- Strong Association management experience relating to membership in the international meetings industry.
- A clear vision, an innovative mind and the ability to “push-back”/ influence management when required and appropriate.
- Resourcefulness, reliability and an eye for details.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in an international Association segment.
If you feel that you are a close match to these requirements, please send your CV and letter of introduction to email@example.com as quickly as possible.
Please indicate your current salary level and availability.