International company in the center of Rotterdam is looking for a dynamic and hands on candidate with 2 to 5 years work experience in logistic Import / Export ( 3 modes of transportation, incoterms). Our client offers a truly international environment, and an independent role with diverse responsibilities and possibility for development.
This role will start on an agency contract and if everything goes well the company could offer a direct contract. For this position you need to have a valid working visa.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate the logistics activities so that the products are provided to the customers in the most efficient and secure manner
- Plan and coordinate the all transport from A to Z (mostly shipments and road freight in Europe and outside of Europe)
- Keep daily contact with the factory in China
- Physical responsibility for in-coming and out-going shipments: receiving orders, sorting shipments, communicating with other departments regarding the orders' status
- Provide high-quality logistics services to customers and clients
- Create and maintain a proper logistical and warehouse support procedures to ensure the clients and customers receive quality service
- Assist in purchasing and selecting suppliers.
- Maintain the communication between the 2 distribution centers in Europe.
- Assisting the Account Manager and Handling administration of variety of documents
- 3 to 5 years experience in Logistics
- Fluency in English, and preferably in Italian or French as well
- Experience with logistic processes such as Import / Export and purchasing
- Excellent understanding import and export documentation - Incoterms is a must
- Previous experience with Shipment and freight forwarding relations
- Open-minded and ready to solve complex issues through creative thinking
- Experience in working within an fast-paced and changing environment
- Great communication skills on all organizational levels combined with ability to work independently
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills are a must
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business or Supply chain/Logistics will be a plus.