about 2 years ago
International company in the center of Rotterdam is looking for a dynamic and hands on candidate with experience in logistic Import / Export. If you have at least 3 years of experience in a logistics position, working with Incoterms, shipments documents etc and coordinating with several stakeholders, this will be a a great opportunity for you. They offer a truly international environment, and independent role with diverse responsibilities and room for development.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate the logistics activities so that the products are provided to the customers in the most efficient and secure manner
- Plan and coordinate the all transport from A to Z ( mostly shipments and road freight in Europe and outside of Europe)
- Keep daily contact with the factory in China
- Physical responsibility for in-coming and out-going shipments: receiving orders, sorting shipments, communicating with other departments regarding the orders' status
- Provide high-quality logistics services to customers and clients
- Create and maintain a proper logistical and warehouse support procedures to ensure the clients and customers receive quality service
- Assist in purchasing and selecting suppliers.
- Maintain the communication between the 2 distribution centers in Europe.
- Assisting the Account Manager and Handling administration of variety of documents
What they offer :
- Direct contract with the company
- Long-term opportunity
- Great working environment and centrally located in Rotterdam
- Trainings in the USA and travelling abroad
- Experience with logistic processes such as Import / Export and purchasing .
- Excellent understanding import and export documentation - Incoterms is a must
- Previous experience with Shippment and freight forwarding relations
- Open-minded and ready to solve complex issues through creative thinking
- Experience in working within an fast-paced and changing environment
- Great communication skills on all organizational levels combined with ability to work independently
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills are a must
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business or Supply chain/Logistics will be a plus.
- From 3 to 5 years experience in Logistics