Our client is an international publishing company based in Amsterdam. They take care of technical authoring, desktop publishing, translation and printing of technical manuals.
Translation and proofreading, and post-editing of technical documentation from English into Spanish using applicable software. Database maintenance and quality control with the usage of terminology lists, in-house dictionaries and advanced QA tools. The translator will be part of the translation department, consisting of 13 translators. The department consists of 4 language teams; German, French, Spanish and Italian.
- Translation of technical documentation from English into Spanish using different CAT-tools
- Post-editing of technical documentation from English into Spanish using different CAT-tools
- Proofreading and reviewing
- Quality Assurance on deliveries using different QA tools
- Creation and updating of terminology lists for different projects
- Control of in-house dictionaries
- Translation Database maintenance
- Bachelor’s/Master degree in translation / English or Bachelor’s/Master degree & minimum of 2 years’ experience as a translator
- Knowledge of CAT tools
- PC literacy
- Some experience as a translator is a plus.
- High level of speaking and writing of the English language
- Native Spanish speaker
Salary and Benefits
- Salary depending on education and experience
- 8% holiday payment and 13th-month salary
- Public transport allowance
- 9 months/1 year contract, extended to 1-year contract/permanent contract
- Full time- 40 hour work week