Our client is an international organization in the not for profit sector. If you have any junior publishing experience and are native English speaker and if you are looking forward to be working in a company with strong purpose and mission, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The Junior Publications Officer will play a central role in the production and management of the organization publications portfolio. The successful candidate will work in close cooperation with the Senior Publications Officer and Communications team.
The Junior Publications Officer will help to draft, review and copy edit all publications. They will often be involved in projects from conception to completion, from commissioning copy from authors through to the handover to production staff. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to gain a wide range of publishing experience.
What will you be doing?
1) Supporting the administration, management and production of all publications, including copy editing and proofing of materials to high quality standards
2) Liaising with in-house staff, freelance typesetters, designers, printers and external production staff and publishers as required, to negotiate and monitor timescales for stages in the publishing process
3) Administration of publication production schedules, and agreed-upon timelines, including acting as a personal assistant to the editors, and helping with tasks such as preparing calls for publication, and assisting with the preparation and issue of contracts
4) Providing administrative assistance for internal and external stakeholders
5) Assisting with additional communication tasks as directed
6) Obtaining rights when necessary to use materials from other publications
What are we looking for?
Minimal qualifications: Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a relevant field or 2-3 years of equivalent relevant work experience. Preference will be given to candidates that have proven experience in the preparation and production of research publications and those who are already working in the publishing field.
• Experience of publication, including writing, copy editing, and proofing research/academic publications
• Native level English
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• A strong eye for detail and good visual sense for attention to layout
• Experience of proofreading materials quickly and accurately
• Ability to manage a busy workload with changeable deadlines
• Highly diplomatic and collaborative approach, with strong interpersonal skills
• Experience with multicultural teamwork
Knowledge and experience of InDesign or other desktop publishing software, and the software tools that support social media dissemination are desirable, but not essential.
What is in it for you?
This is a full time job (37,5 hours a week), the package includes competitive salaries plus excellent benefits. Direct contract with the company.
If you are interested, please send me your cv at Alessia@adamsrecruitment.com