about 2 months ago
For our international client in central Amsterdam we are currently looking for a Financial Controller to take care of the Dutch entity.
The Financial Controller will ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions as well as the oversight of cost and general accounting, accounts receivables, accounts payable, payroll, inventory, budgets and external reporting.
- General Ledger – timely and accurate financial reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual) along with corresponding bank, intercompany and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Accounts Payable – timely invoice processing and payment of our vendors and employee expense reports. Handle all A/P issues and all local government reporting associated with said processing
- Payroll – Timely and accurate payroll processing along with ensuring our time keeping and scheduling systems are complaint. Work with HR on development and maintaining of payroll policies as local labor laws or corporate change.
- Accounts Receivable – Ensure timely billing; maintain account reconciled and aging current
- Inventory – Research discrepancies and resolve in timely manner
- Budgets – Preparation of annual budgets and revised forecasts and provide variance explanations to Corporate and local management team when requested
- External Reporting – Work with our external accounting, tax and audit firms to ensure all company corporate filings deadlines are always met
- Identify and develop key staff within the finance organization
- Teach/coach and document employees who fail to meet standards to maintain a high quality workforce
- Minimum of 3 years of financial accounting and control experience in similar position, preferably in hospitality industry
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Expert knowledge of local laws, taxes, licenses, Dutch Finance and Accounting practices, and procedures.
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of Dutch is preferred
- Ability to travel visiting all business locations and regional meetings in Europe or US when they occur
- Must possess excellent skills of analysis for comprehension and problem solving
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing
- Must be able to develop and maintain satisfactory and effective relationships with all levels of management, staff members and field operators
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and ADP
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.