over 2 years ago
Job in Amsterdam. For our client, we are currently seeking an enthusiastic and positive System and Network Administrator to join their international team in the heart of Amsterdam.
- Daily management of IT environment and platforms such as Windows, Linux, Azure, Horizon and VMware.
- Act as first point of contact and manage the relation with our IT Service Provider concerning Network and Security services (MSP).
- Support the MSP with continuous analysis of the IT Systems and closely work together to make recommendations to improve and advice on security, scalability, performance and availability.
- Provide Tier 2 support for IT Helpdesk support function assisting users with support issues and act as backup for the IT Helpdesk support function.
- Support the implementation of the Global technological strategy’s and make recommendations involving:
- - Systems management
- - Data integrity and continuity - Backup and restore
- - Remote access tools
- - Software deployment and patch management
- - Disaster recovery and contingency planning for mission critical systems
- - End-user computing environment
- - Security Event Response and Mitigation in Partnership with 3rd party vendors
- - IT Security awareness training
- Document network systems including standard operational procedures, network topology, and hardware inventory.
- Software/Support license tracking and purchasing.
- Work with the overall international IT team to plan and execute various project work as needed.
- Support users in EMEA when required.
- Minimum 3 years of network administration experience in a multi-platform environment.
- Industry certifications preferred (i.e. VMware, Horizon, Microsoft, Cloud environments etc.).
- Direct experience with VMware, Horizon.
- Direct experience with Microsoft Azure and associated technologies.
- Direct working experience with server virtualization and associated networking configurations.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in connectivity and configurations required for efficient remote access. Palo Alto, Cisco Meraki, MPLS.
- Experienced in working directly with business, external partners and service providers.
- Ability to deal ethically with confidential information and ensure good data transfer management.
- Fluent English is a must, other languages a plus.
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and with multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to switch between projects and specific day-to-day responsibilities.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, detail-oriented, good follow-through, and able to meet deadlines.
Dynamic and passionate company in the heart of Amsterdam. Our client is also very active in environmental issues and sustainability. If you love nature and outdoor activities that it would a perfect environment for you!
Dynamic and international, professional yet informal and fun.