The IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible for all aspects of the NL business’ IT infrastructure, overseeing support functions while acting as technical lead for IT projects.
You ensure day-to-day operation of the NL business, dealing with any issues, co-ordinating support and acting as an escalation point for any technical support issues. General health of the infrastructure estate should be closely monitored, with prevention of performance issues being a key objective.
The helpdesk function should be properly managed, with analysis of key issues being undertaken and periodic reporting provided to key stakeholders within the business. Consultation will then be sought regarding improvement projects and other initiatives.
A strong relationship between users and 3rd Party IT support should be constantly maintained.
- Management and development of local IT team members (currently 2 FTEs).
- Maintenance, administration & upgrading of all aspects of hardware, software and communications infrastructure.
- Analyse incident trend and problem management information, ensuring that issues are properly handled, and long terms solutions put in place where appropriate.
- Work with the EUR IT team on delivery of relevant projects and initiatives, acting as a local technical lead.
- Responsible for ensuring best practice approach and appropriate IT service levels.
- Reporting key developments to the Head of Technology and liaising with local operational management.
Knowledge and Technology:
- Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems including Windows 7, 8 & 10
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Exchange administrative support
- Microsoft Active Directory administration & GPO management
- Microsoft Windows Server roles and features including File Services, Print & Document Services, Distributed File System, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, Domain Name System, Windows Server Update Services
- Thin Client technologies such as Citrix XenApp and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Strong understanding of networking concepts including Topology, Firewalls, Virtual Private Network, Local Area
- Network, Wide Area Network, Switching
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 administration
- Microsoft SharePoint
- 3rd party cloud-based infrastructure and services (IaaS & SaaS)
- Storage architectures including JBOD, NAS & SAN
- Mobile devices using either Android or Apple iOS
- Warehouse scanners (Symbol or Motorola) using Windows Mobile
- Zebra & Intermec Label Printers
- Avaya IP telephony
- 2nd / 3rd line technical support
- Helpdesk analysis & reporting