6 days ago
We are currently seeking an HSE Manager for our international client carrying out a big Project in Sint Maarten, Caribbean region.
The right candidate has at least five years of experience in construction management for large residential development construction projects including supervision of site works. He / she shell be capable to proceed in accordance with technical specifications, good practices and application of health & safety rules and regulations.
We are looking for a good team builder able to maintain good interpersonal relations with employees, subcontractors and suppliers and all areas of the company.
HSE Manager is responsible for:
- identifying the risk factors, evaluating risks and identifying the safety and health measures of the work environments in compliance with current standards and based on their specific knowledge of the company’s organization;
- issuing, revising, updating the H&S Plan as per Contract;
- elaborating the preventive and protective measures, within their scope of responsibility and systems for controlling said measures;
- elaborating safety procedures for the various company operations;
- developing and implementing procedures related to HSE information and training programs for workers (HSE induction courses) to be formally recorded for the Employer and Local Authorities;
- taking part in consultations regarding the protection of occupational health and safety;
- providing workers with the information on:
a) health and safety risks associated with the company’s general operations;
b) the protective and preventive measures and activities adopted;
c) specific risks they are exposed to in relation to the activities performed, safety standards and company policies on the matter;
d) dangers associated with the use of dangerous substances and preparations, based on the safety data forms provisioned by current regulations and technical standards;
e) procedures concerning first aid, firefighting procedures and the evacuation of workers;
f) the names of the persons in charge of the prevention and protection service and the occupational physician;
g) the names of the workers assigned to applying the measures specified.
Moreover, he/she has the authority and responsibility for ensuring that the requisites of Norms UNI EN ISO 14001 – OHSAS 18001, Company’s Policy, H&S and Environment Plan, etc. are established, applied and maintained throughout the Project activities.
He / She reports the progress of Health, Safety and Environmental conditions of Works to Management.
We are seeking candidates available to move to Sint Maarten and start on a relatively short notice and thus a candidate should hold a Dutch passport or be eligible to work in Sint Maarten.
What are they offering:
- One-year contract of employment with the Sint Maarten branch of the company with possible extension for another two years
- Exciting Project to participate in within an established company
- Flight ticket to Sint Maarten, assistance with finding accommodation and settling in
- Professional and international team to work with