about 2 years ago
Our client is an international jeans wear brand which has gone from strength to strength expanding its horizons across the borders and overseas. The brand is now a major name internationally and has an excellent reputation in the dynamic retail sector.
Currently the local HR Department in Haarlem (NL) is looking for a:
Human Resource Manager / HR Generalist
The role will report into the HR Director (located in Spain) and to the MD who is located in the UK. The HR department provides full HR services for all brands in The Netherlands, Germany and Austria.
The team consists of the HR Manager, 2 HR Officers and a HR Business Partner.
- Ensure HR policies & procedures are compliant to local law & legislation and aligned to Group business goals.
- Instruct, coach, train and motivate local HR Team to ensure team performance, knowledge- and skill sharing within the department as well as to stimulate individual professional development.
- Advise management on performance-, behavioral, grievance and disciplinary matters to ensure optimum match between company & staff.
- Liaise with management to ensure all appraisals and training plans are organized and followed up.
- Supervise and approve payrolls for all assigned companies/countries.
- Ensure compliance on Health & Safety questions, such as long term sickness situations and the execution of Risk Inventories & Evaluations, to avoid financial risks for the company.
- Monitor, advice on and execute (management positions) recruitment processes.
What do we need? Can you offer the following?
- Fluency in Dutch, German & English – ALL ESSENTIAL
- A minimum of 5 years HR experience; at least 10 years working experience;
- Excellent knowledge on Employment Law and other HR legislation either related to the Dutch or German market and prepared to learn all about the other countries;
- Pro-active, client & result focus, flexibility, can-do-mentality, stress resistance;
- Great communication- and influencing skills;
- A coach and a trainer for the rest of the staff in the team;
- Living in the Haarlem/Amsterdam area.
We are offering a challenging and professional job within a fashionable, informal, creative and international company.