Our client is looking for an HR manager to join their team in Rotterdam. The HR Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of all HR functions including, employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, organizational development, talent management and employee services. The HR Manager partners with department managers to understand their business needs and provide exceptional service and counseling. The HR Manager maintains policy compliance and will work collaboratively with work council, company and corporate HR initiatives. The role includes regular involvement through shared Corporate and Divisional projects.
- Develops and reports metrics for key HR performance indicators.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Promotes positive labor-management relations. Represents local management in labor relations, including the negotiation, interpretation, and administration of collective bargaining agreements and/or works council requirements if required.
- Manages employment contracts and agreements within region, if applicable.
- Oversees the local analysis, maintenance, and communication of records and/or reporting required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that local policies comply with federal and state/provincial law.
- Advises and coaches management regarding company policy, legal requirements, and the appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Promotes and delivers effective and consistent communication, both internally on a global basis and externally where needed.
- Writes and delivers presentations to leadership, managers, employees, and/or other corporate officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Oversees local Performance Management Program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Oversees local Organizational Development Programs to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Oversees benefits programs such as health, income protection, financial, and work-life.
- Participants and assists with Talent Management activities. Builds relationships with staffing agencies, internet recruiting companies, colleges, communities and outreach organizations, outsourcing providers, and other recruiting resources to maintain candidate sourcing avenues. Monitors recruiting and staffing expenses, develops metrics, evaluates costs and tracks effectiveness. Identifies any gaps and prepares strategy to address.
- Prepares personnel forecast, and coordinates with managers when applicable, to project employment needs.
- Oversees local salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Ensures accurate and timely maintenance of all human resources systems and local data integrity on a global basis.
- Represents local organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Liaison with Corporate HR staff.
- Participates on special projects and/or teams as assigned.
- Responds to change productively and handles other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related field from four-year college or university, preferred
- 5+ years’ experience
- Must be able to speak and write proficiently in Dutch and English.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint, and be proficient in Visio.