over 2 years ago
For our client – a large international company in retail and wholesale industry – we are currently seeking a Health & Safety Manager to manage a team of eight HSE team members and support stores and distributors across Europe. An ideal candidate has at least ten years of relevant experience, speaks excellent English plus German or French and is available for travelling.
- Provide safety leadership support and guidance to the Distribution Senior Team;
- Support the company senior management and safety teams in facilitating and identifying health & safety improvement initiatives and increase fully awareness of the company health and safety policies and procedures;
- Working proactively with managers and staff to establish continuous improvement on regular audits;
- Design and implement and monitor strategies and policies;
- Assess key trends in accident and incident data and advise the Europe Distribution senior team as appropriate, make sure that these trends are imbedded in the policies and guidelines;
- Assist in the development of strategy and implementation programs for same.
- Represent the company at various national and European representative bodies and working Groups;
- Manage an external safety audit program, using teams of external and internal auditors;
- Assist in preparation and delivery of appropriate senior management H&S training;
- Manage elements of Safety Collaboration / Best Practice Programs e.g Europe Distribution Safety Best Practice meetings;
- Manage serious accident and incident investigation as required.
- Relevant qualification in health and safety at least at Bachelor Degree;
- At least 10 to 15 years’ experience in managing occupational health and safety ideally within a decentralized, diverse end to end market environment;
- Proven track record as a successful leader and senior safety manager;
- Able to drive change, excellent stakeholder management, stay abreast and bring people along: persistence, high achiever and down to earth;
- Can demonstrate strong strategic thinking, well developed decision-making abilities, and the ability to take responsibility and take effective decisions;
- Experience of auditing of management systems;
- Languages English, German and/or French;
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the week (always home for the weekends though)