Our client is a non-for-profit organization that has a strong reputation within their sector and an amazing mission to change millions of lives throughout the world with knowledge and education.
At the moment the organization is growing and developing their communications materials and therefore we are now looking for a Graphic Designer to join their Communications team. This vacancy is an excellent opportunity for a graphic designer to help shape the evolving communications strategy.
The graphic designer will play a central role as part of a busy and expanding Communications team.
The successful candidate will work in close cooperation with the Head of Communications, Media and Outreach Officer, and Public Relations and Events Officer under the supervision of the Amsterdam Director.
This is a new position and the successful candidate will be expected to bring a proactive, self-motivated attitude to the role. Previously, all design work for the organization has been outsourced. The graphic designer will have the opportunity to develop in-house styles and procedures for all future materials.
There are two key areas of activity for this role: graphic design to support a wide range of communications activities (including infographics, brochures, publications and promotional materials) and project management/further development of the new website (to be launched in May 2019).
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing new materials (digital and print) to support communications and outreach activities. These may include brochures, flyers, information leaflets, banners, branded materials and social media content.
- Working with the communications team and research specialists to create attractive, visual representations of research data (e.g. powerpoint or other presentations, infographics and data visualisations).
- Using the existing brand guidelines to create an attractive, appropriate and adaptable design library for materials.
- Project manager for maintenance and further development of the website: liaising with an external web development agency for technical tasks.
- MBO/Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- 1-2 years’ relevant work experience
- Experience with video creation
- Experience making infographics and data visualization
- Proficient user of Adobe creative suite/InDesign is essential
- Creative and adaptive approach to design, with the ability to ensure that all materials are consistent with the existing brand
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to independently manage a busy workload with changeable deadlines.
- Some backend coding experience is an advantage, particularly experience working with PHP and/or Drupal systems.
- Experience of working with a research organization is a strong advantage
- Highly diplomatic and collaborative approach, with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with (or interest in) multicultural teamwork
- Fluent English is a must, Arabic or Spanish are an additional asset!
Interested in hearing more? Please send me your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org I cant wait to take a look at your work and give you more information about this amazing organization and the opportunity they are offering!
I look forward to hearing from you!