almost 2 years ago
For our client in Hoofddorp - an EMEA HQ of an innovative and growing company - we are currently seeking an experienced GL Accoutnant with payroll accounting experience. Excellent task prioritization and organizational skills are a must, as is the ability to cope with complexity in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare and post journal entries in support of the monthly close process (Payroll, Prepaids, Accruals, Reclasses, Intercompany)
- Take ownership of specific balance sheet accounts and perform reconciliations thereof (up to six countries in total)
- Preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Participation in audits
- Assist with accounting matters within the department and with other departments
- Ensure compliance with Company accounting policies and the application of generally acceptable accounting principles
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited procedures currently exist
- Complete and maintain process documentation to ensure SOX compliance
- Assist with continuous process improvements and development of automated systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 to 5 years work experience in a GL function
- US GAAP knowledge
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, especially Excel
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude with great interpersonal skills and the interest and drive to work outside of silos.
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in reading and speaking Russian is a plus
- A working knowledge of Oracle is a plus