almost 2 years ago
For our client – an internationally recognized retail company – we are currently seeking a GL Accountant. The GL Accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting of local and European entities (GL, AP) and providing support to the organization when needed.
- Daily checks, coding and booking of supplier invoices as well as company credit card transactions;
- Reconciliation of purchase orders against goods received;
- Daily reconciliation of bank statements;
- Intercompany invoicing and reconciliation of intercompany transactions;
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled for review;
- Cash flow analysis and forecasts;
- Participate in the periodical closing (month, year), through bookkeeping tasks and reporting;
- Ensure compliance with all financial policies and procedures;
- Bring accounts postings up to date & assist in maintaining timely accounts reporting & reconciliations;
- Ad hoc administrative duties to be performed as and when required, including cover for other members of finance.
- Minimum MBO level education in Accounting, Finance or related field required;
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel (pivot table, Vlook-ups, etc);
- Ability to work under tight schedules;
- Accurate and organized
- Fluent in English (spoken as well as written). German, French or Spanish language would be a big plus;
- Proactive with a “can do” attitude;
- Team player yet able to work under own initiative.