Our prestigious international client is at the forefront of promoting sustainable development in over 70 countries worldwide. They have a history (40 years +) of supporting partner organizations in developing countries through loans, equity investments and capacity building. Social impact is at the very heart of everything they do.
The international office is based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands. Following a recent transformation within the organization, a new Financial Controller position has been created. This role reports into the Financial Control & Accounting Manager. The Financial Controller is responsible for the accounting operations within the organization, to ensure complete and accurate statutory and external reporting and to ensure that reports comply with Dutch GAAP, internal controls and policies and procedures within the Financial Accounting unit.
Some of the key responsibilities are as follows;
- Delivery of external financial reporting
- including financial statements of the organization and subsidiaries.
- Monthly closing activities.
- Improvement of current processes in the region as well as update and review of global policies and procedures.
We have a much more detailed profile we can share which highlights more responsibilities but let’s firstly focus on the kind of candidate our client is hoping to meet.
We are looking for the following;
- A Master’s Degree level education in Accounting
- or Business Administration.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified
- Management Accountant qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years Financial Controlling experience ideally from the financial services sector.
- Hedge Accounting experience is highly desirable.
- International company experience is essential.
- Business fluency in English. Spanish language a big advantage.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who are already based in the Netherlands within easy commuting distance of Amersfoort. We will only consider candidates who have full rights to work in the Netherlands. If this sounds like you, please send your CV and letter of introduction/motivation to email@example.com as quickly as possible. Please indicate your current salary level and notice period.
What do they offer:
A direct contract for one year to start with, 13th month, 8% holiday allowance, travel cost reimbursement, a collective pension plan, a diverse environment with more than 30 nationalities only in Amersfoort.