For one of our international clients in Amsterdam we are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to support financial planning and analysis for Benelux, EE, CIS and Israel markets.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
- Prepare, analyze and distribute weekly reports/ performance dashboards (this will include sales revenue reports, sales funnel).
- Prepare monthly results reporting to Leadership team (such as Profit &Loss analysis for designated area).
- Management and tracking of risks and opportunities (with regards to products delivery) and proactively present them to (senior) management.
- Variance explanation and investigation of abnormal or unexpected activity within financial performance (Plan, Forecast, YOY – Year over Year comparisons).
- Support commercial funnel and future opportunities analysis and order release as needed (on time shipment capabilities).
- Prepare financial performance presentation materials for monthly operating reviews (MOR) and quarterly latest estimates (QLE) to leadership.
- Support the Annual Operating Plan process (Revenue, Gross margin, SG&A).
- Ad hoc analyses, sensitivity analysis (eg. impact on margins by changing prices), dashboard metrics, key operating and performance metrics.
- Develop standardized methods, processes, templates.
- Continuous improvement in data analytics, business intelligence, and reporting efficiency effectiveness (i.e. can we get better intelligence with less reporting?)
- Support the Decision Support team with consolidation activities for Europe.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in finance or accounting (minimum HBO level in NL)
- 1-4 years post undergraduate experience in finance or accounting
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and strong understanding of PowerPoint, Word
- Experience with Cognos, Hyperion, HFM is a plus
- Understands how to develop key operating metrics, dashboards, reports
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Unquestionable integrity
- Highly analytical and naturally curious
- Detail oriented
- Supportive, positive attitude and approach to work
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic, “can-do” attitude