Our client is a global player in the logistics industry. It’s a great company which is genuinely going places in the world of transport/logistics and freight forwarding. Location is central Rotterdam.
They have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Manager who will report into the local Managing Director as well as to the Regional Finance Director. The key focus of the role is to fully support the business objectives within the framework of the local, regional and global finance strategies.
This is a role which would suit candidates who are on their way up in the finance and accounting world. Candidates who can offer the experience and capability to manage the operational tasks as well as the business understanding to help drive financial performance management.
The work is aimed at ensuring a professional Finance organization by providing the right handles and procedures for the management and employees ensuring that these are used to drive performance, development and talent management. The Finance Manager will lead the local finance organisation with all sub functions (AR, AP, CF, Working Capital, Financial Reporting, Management Reporting, Business Finance, etc.);
Some of the key responsibilities include;
- Provide proactive financial business analysis and identify important trends to support Operations in achieving their goals;
- Make recommendations for potential improvements and promote active use of financial data to drive the business success and identify potential risks and opportunities;
- Provide forward looking insights and value-added analysis to leadership regarding profitability, competitive landscape, etc;
- Drive financial performance management, to include strategic planning process, annual budgeting and communication of results.
- Lead the annual budgeting process and prepare monthly forecasts for the business, ensuring that plans accurately reflect the business and that any gaps are identified early, and appropriate actions are taken to improve operational performance;
- Effectively lead and mentor the finance department team members by establishing appropriate staffing levels to support the business, by providing developmental opportunities and by changing departmental resources as required.
We are looking for candidates who fit the following profile;
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Finance & Accounting in an international logistics environment. ESSENTIAL
- Proven track record in influencing and leading;
- Strong interpersonal, communicational, collaboration and decision-making skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language. ESSENTIAL
- Stimulating attitude regarding cultural and business changes;
- Critical, assertive with a pro-active attitude;
- Exceptional business and financial acumen with a strong drive for result.
- Natural leader and strategist; being able building and continuously developing the finance organisation
Sounds like you? Interested to hear more?
Please send your CV and letter of introduction to email@example.com as quickly as possible. Please indicate your current salary level and notice period.