about 2 years ago
Are you looking for a new exciting job opportunity in the field of Environment, Health and Safety? Do you enjoy a dynamic fast-paced work atmosphere and an opportunity to be proactive and provide relevant advice to the business?
We have just the right job for you! Our client is a large international chemical organization, coming from the US, and for their EMEA HQ based in South Rotterdam area they are currently looking for an HSE Specialist. You will join a well-established, steadily growing business with multicultural professional team, and will report on the European EHS matters directly to the Global Manager based in the US. You will be working closely with the Production Manager, who is overseeing the local factory, and stay in touch with the colleagues from corporate functions, such as Marketing, Sales, Legal, Finance, Customer Service. The company is being audited and already has a well-organized HSE structure, however - there is always a room for improvement - and our client is definitely looking for an energetic, motivated professional, who is not afraid to take initiative and come with new solutions for the business!
On a daily basis you will:
- Act as the Subject Matter expert for EHS matters for the local Dutch office and 10 other EU locations, if necessary
- Identify HSE goals and set relevant procedures and KPIs
- Create action tracking from audits and relevant incidents, lead root-cause analysis and report timely on that
- Execute hazard assessments for a diverse range of initiatives: machine safety, ergonomics, emergency plan
- Lead risk assessments such as SA, RI & E, FRA etc
- Act as a waste registration coordination and point of contact for local authorities and environmental agencies, as well as for the Port Facility Security
- Work on the documentation and reporting for the HQ
- Stay in charge of updating regulatory permits and compliance plans for diverse EU locations
- Professional level of Dutch and English languages
- At least 5 years in a similar role, ideally in an international organization
- Good understanding of HSE matters both in an office space and factory facilities
- Proactive, dynamic and motivated approach at work
- Ability to communicate with colleagues on all organizational levels
- Good computer skills (Excel, Power Point, Word), and ideally previous experience in SAP
- Direct contract with the company for a year to start with, which will be extended later
- Transport allowance
- International scope of work and multicultural team
- A lot of professional freedom and opportunity to grow in the job
- 27 holidays
- Competitive salary and benefits package
A successful international chemical organization with EMEA HQ based in South Rotterdam area and global HQ located in the US.
Dynamic, professional, proactive, down-to-earth atmosphere.
If you are interested in this position and your profile matches the job requirements, please contact me at 06 52 66 7440 or email@example.com, or apply directly on the website.