The (junior) Credit Risk Analyst will be responsible for credit risk assessment of client portfolio, financial and credit risk analysis of existing and new customers and review of (new) business agreements in close cooperation with Sales and Legal departments.
Next to credit tasks, the (junior) Credit Risk Analyst will also be responsible for collection of receivables and will act as a liaison person with Sales and Claims&Billing departments to actively resolve outstanding queries.
Furthermore the role entails to take an active part at process improvement.
Please note that some travel may be required for customer visits (approximately once per quarter).
- Review and analyse customer/suppliers financial statements and recommend on contractual conditions and security package.
- Conduct statistical analysis to evaluate risk (DSO etc.).
- Responsible for internal rating applications and maintaining ratings up to date.
- Assist Credit Manager in establishment, review, maintenance of credit & collection policies and procedures as required.
- Prepare monthly reports on credit position.
- Support Credit manager with customer profile analysis (financial view).
- Identify key risk of credit applications and review the impact.
- Prepare and present underwritten conclusions in credit applications to CFO/CEO for Quality and Credit approval.
- Prioritize cash collection activities in order to collect due and overdue account receivables by extensive use of phone and emails.
- Work closely with Billing, Sales and relevant stakeholders to resolve credit and billing issues.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to resolve outstanding queries.
- Take an active role in process improvement projects.
- Monitor and advise on the portfolio including the A/R report and communicate pro-active recommendations with ultimate purpose to minimize losses.
- Control credit events (bad debt), together with Legal Dept.
- Master or Bachelor’s degree Economics/Accounting/Finance
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Strong financial analysis capability
- Excellent communication skills in German and English and. Any other European language will be considered as an advantage.
- Team-player, enthusiast, open minded with positive attitude
- Self-motivated with ‘hands-on’ mentality
- Problem solving and “can do” attitude
- Does not compromise on integrity
- Analytical skills, structured and organized and high level of accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Proactive and inquisitive attitude
- Good communication skills (able to communicate with customer)
- Resistance to stress
What do they offer:
- Direct contract
- Very competitive basic salary and secondary benefits
- Opportunity to learn and grown, take ownership
- Possibility to grow to a (senior) Credit Risk Analyst in future.
Sounds like you?
Our client is looking to meet candidates as quickly as possible so please send your CV to email@example.com