Would you like to work for a company who believes people are its greatest asset?
Our client, one of the largest real estate investment trust companies globally, is looking for a Company Lawyer and Secretary | Compliance to join their Compliance team here in Amsterdam.
The Company Secretary | Legal will serve as a member of the Compliance team that consists of three other professionals: a Corporate Legal Counsel (Manager), the Assistant Company Secretary and a Legal Assistant. The team is located in Amsterdam and provides legal support to most of our client’s entities in jurisdictions outside the US.
In this role as Company Lawyer and Secretary | Compliance, you will:
- Draft, review and arrange a wide variety of corporate documents such as shareholders’ and board resolutions and proxies for all entities;
- Coordinate and attend various (board) meetings and draft the relevant meeting documents, such as minutes, resolutions, meeting materials, and presentations;
- Monitor corporate legal developments in the relevant jurisdictions;
- Maintain our client’s legal structure in Europe and keep corporate records and registers of all the European entities;
- Provide corporate legal support in transactions and internal restructuring projects. Ensure compliance with (corporate) laws and regulations;
- Liaise with third parties (external lawyers, finance and tax advisors) as well as correspond with local authorities;
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
What do they offer for the Company Lawyer and Secretary | Compliance role:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- A direct contract for a year, to begin with, but this is a long-term opportunity.
- 25 days of holidays
- Life insurance contribution
- Health insurance contribution
- Opportunities to grow
Are you the Company Lawyer and Secretary | Compliance we are looking for?
- Master Degree in Dutch (Corporate or Notarial) Law;
- 5 years’ experience working as a lawyer, candidate notary or in a company secretary role (trust company);
- High level of English and preferably Dutch (both written and verbal);
- Committed to taking on the role and related responsibilities;
- Team player, collaborate well with team members;
- Good communication skills and well organized;
- Pro-active approach to completing tasks and resolving challenges;
- Experience with Real Estate is a plus
If the answer is YES, I am looking forward to receiving your applications at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact me at 0652668852
Please note that we can only consider candidates already living in the Netherlands