about 2 months ago
Our prestigious international client is at the forefront of promoting sustainable development in over 70 countries worldwide. They have a history (40 years +) of supporting partner organizations in developing countries through loans, equity investments and capacity building. Social impact is at the very heart of everything they do.
The international office is based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
Following a recent transformation within the organization, a Business Controller role has become vacant. This role reports into the Portfolio and Business Control Manager.
Some of the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Preparing the monthly and quarterly management reports, in collaboration with Financial Accounting & Operations
- Collecting information to prepare budgets and to guide the process of decision making on budgets and forecasts at portfolio and cost level
- Assessing and challenges the financial sustainability of cost centers and business line (sectors and regions)
- Monitoring the development of finance portfolio, limits, margins and financial performance
- Providing input for strategy & policy development where applicable and contributing to the further development of the database systems in close cooperation with IT and Financial Accounting
- Providing input on the annual report
- Defining, managing and / or participating in projects
- Building and maintaining a network of relevant (internal and external) stakeholders
- Signaling possibilities for improvement and standardization of processes, techniques and systems and (co)develop, implement and/or optimize these processes, techniques, and systems (after approval)
We have a much more detailed profile we can share which highlights more responsibilities but let’s firstly focus on the kind of candidate our client is hoping to meet.
We are looking for the following:
- Masters’ degree in the field of economics, preferably combined with Controlling certification
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in & knowledge of the financial services industry
- International company experience is essential
- Business fluency in English
What do they offer:
- A direct contract for one year to start with
- 13th month
- 8% holiday allowance
- travel cost reimbursement
- a collective pension plan
- a diverse environment with more than 30 nationalities only in Amersfoort