Job in Utrecht area. For a client of ours – an international company in medical devices industry – we are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Accountant (AP). This position will be responsible for timely, accurate and complete AP accounting, including cost coding, setting up Purchase Orders, preparing journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts. Additionally, this position will support routine cost accrual, cost reporting and cost analysis as well as participate in special assignments. This position is responsible for AP activities for a number of operating entities in Europe (Netherlands, France, Belgium and UK).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain relationships with department coworkers, department heads and vendors to support processing and issue resolution
- Process A/P invoices, matching to purchase order and obtain proper approval for non PO invoices
- Ensure accurate coding to cost centers and GL’s, including cost allocation if necessary
- Provide details in journal postings to enable future analysis
- Process expense reports
- Estimate and accrue outstanding liabilities at month/quarter end
- Reconcile Accounts Payable to the General Ledger
- Research questions arising during financial statement close and review processes
- Provide documentation and support during annual financial statement audit
- Reconcile and post expense reimbursements
- Understanding cost trends and support Line Management in understanding departmental cost.
- Help enforce internal controls and corporate policies
- Act as a backup for other AP colleagues
- Contribute to professionalize and development of the finance department
- Assist in the design and implementation of improvements to processes
- Other duties as needed
This role reports to the Chief Accountant and working closely with Line Management and other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related field, or extensive experience relevant to the role.
- Fluency in English. French or other European language is an advantage
- Solid communication skills and ability to work with different levels in the organization
- Eye for detail, accuracy and ownership
- Solid understanding of accounting flows, not limited to AP only.
- ERP knowledge: Oracle is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- International, face paced, growing. Professional yet fun