For one of our international clients, a startup company who has grown from 12 people to over a hundred over the last 2 years we are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist. This company mixes up the latest technology with the travel industry so we are also looking for people passionate about the tech world.
The company has just started to sell to the European market and they are growing massively. This is the ideal opportunity for someone looking for a chance to join a startup, learn and grow alongside the company. They are looking for people who are dedicated, accountable, proactive, communicative and has attention to details.
This position combines operational Accounts Payable activities with tactical and strategical projects regarding continuous process improvement plans. You play a key role in driving change and efficiency; it will also include operational activities such as Employee expenses and assisting the Financial accountant with accruals and prepayments. You will be the first person to lead the accounts payable team in Europe!
- Ownership of the invoicing process end to end including approvals and payment for all 4 entities
- Code and control invoices and liaise with process users as needed
- Ensure tax validity and correct classification and booking of VAT according to national requirements of all entities
- Ensure payment of invoices in due time using payment terms to maximize cashflow
- Follow-up pending invoice approvals to ensure payment is before due date
- Preparing reporting for VAT returns submission for all entities
- Preparing accruals and prepayments for inclusion in the month end process
- Assisting in the collation of employee expenses for inclusion in payrolls.
- High involvement in process development with new system implementations and the ability to exercise knowledge for process improvements
- You have excellent Excel skills.
- You can easily and quickly move between different tasks with a high ability to manage priorities and deadlines.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in account payable, with a proven track record of process improvement.
- The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a high growth environment and easily adjusts to rapid changes in people, process, and product.
- A person who can bring the experience of honing a process and making process improvements in past roles.
- Dutch and English are required.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN?
- Fast growing global business
- Unlimited holidays!
- Career opportunities
- 1700 Euro per year for personal travel (you can go anywhere!)
- Free lunch every day!
- 220 Euro per year for fitness related activity
- Pension plan
Interested? Please don't hesitate to send your CV together with your motivation letter to email@example.com