Our prestigious international client is at the forefront of promoting sustainable development in over 70 countries worldwide. They have a history (40 years +) of supporting partner organizations in developing countries through loans, equity investments and capacity building. Social impact is at the very heart of everything they do.
The international office is based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands. Following a recent transformation within the organization, a new Accounting Administrator position has been created. This role reports into the Financial Control & Accounting Manager.
The Accounting Administrator is responsible for complete and accurate administration of investors’ master data, processing dividend payments, monthly tax forms submission and monthly closing activities, like the payroll journal, staff loans, accounts reconciliations, accruals, etc.
- The complete and accurate administration of projects
- Ensure all transactions are booked appropriately: check suspense accounts and book them to the correct GL, post journals related to monthly closing activities, book journals related to treasury, perform revaluations, book payments based on bank statements, link transactions, etc.
- Monthly closing activities such as; processing payroll journal, posting accruals, maintain fixed assets register, etc. as well as other activities such as update and document staff loan repayment schedules, submit VAT and income tax forms
- Provide input for the development of policies, procedures, instruments and standards within the own discipline while considering the business needs
- Select, structure, combine and interpret external and internal data, information and developments
- Provide functional advice and support concerning relevant matters relating to own discipline
- Contribute to the implementation of processes relating to own discipline and carry out the work within the assigned work field
- Plan, organize and coordinate in projects, contributing from the perspective of own discipline
- Signal possibilities for improvement and standardization of processes, techniques and systems and (co)develop, implement and/or optimize these processes, techniques and systems (after approval)
- Collaborate and cooperate across departments in projects, knowledge sharing and process optimization
- Vocational degree in a relevant financial study (BA, HBO, HEAO, AC, BE, SPD)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of relevant experience
- Computer literacy, especially in Word and Excel, knowledge of Exact is preferable
- Fluency in English
- Planning and organizing,
- Client and service orientation
- Result orientation
- Stress Tolerance
What do they offer:
A direct contract for one year to start with, 13th month, 8% holiday allowance, travel cost reimbursement (NS business card), a collective pension plan, a diverse environment with more than 30 nationalities only in Amersfoort.