about 2 years ago
Our client, an international NGO working closely with governmental bodies and research centers all around the world, is looking for an Accounting Officer to join their Finance Team!
This is a reputable research-driven organization that focuses on quality in their work, and has offices in the heart of Amsterdam.
As the Accounting Officer, you will be reporting directly to the Financial Director and be responsible for:
- Financial reporting: reconciliation of revenue accounts, ensuring compliance with statutory reporting requirements, project reporting, budget versus actuals
- Internal control: ensuring appropriate controls in place to ensure integrity of reported financial figures, ensuring authorization and approval of transactions is in accordance with company rules
- Interaction and support to other functions: building strong working relationships with key interfaces, providing support to team members when needed
- Debtor control: ensuring timely invoicing, proactively seeking to resolve potential creditor problems, prepare monthly debtors ageing report, ensure necessary actions to collect overdue debts.
- Company credit card control/petty cash: ensuring expenses are timely booked, ensuring clear financial policies and procedures are documented, disbursing petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation
- Cost controls and performance improvement: adopting best practices
- Systems development: proactively assess process improvement through use of technology, strong user of existing accounting system (Exact) and Excel
What do they offer:
- Direct contract for a year, to begin with
- Competitive Salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- high pension contribution
- 100% travel cost reimbursement
- 37,5 working hours per week
- flexible starting / ending time
Are you the ideal candidate for the Accounting Officer role? Requirements are:
- BSc in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field;
- 2-4yrs experience in a similar function
- NGO experience is a must
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English; any additional languages are considered a pre
- Knowledge of Exact is considered a pre
- Strong Excell skills
- Strong financial skills and attention to detail;
- Ambition, and potential to grow and develop;
- Effective use of technology and ERP Systems
- Internationally orientated
The company is an NGO dedicated to scientific research. They are a global membership organization and work with government bodies and national research centers.