about 1 month ago
Our client is a global company providing IT solutions ranked in the Fortune 500. For their Amsterdam office, we are currently seeking experienced Technical Support Engineers with strong networking and data storage knowledge and fluent in German and English.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide technical support to customers, customer support personnel, and field support staff, focused on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging data storage products. Support incidents can range from various hardware and/or software issues with the storage systems and solutions, to multi-system, multi-vendor, and multi-network interoperability issues.
To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Provides technical support to external customers, field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex computer systems, complex software, or networked systems
- Responds to situations and provides an acceptable solution where first-line product support has failed to resolve the customer's issue
- Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature
- Work with Support Partner to develop, document and communicate service readiness plan
- Develop and manage troubleshooting, problem solving and delivery plans which includes:
1. attending weekly vertical meetings with the Support Managers
2. monitoring program adherence such Global customers and call monitoring
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Abilities, Skills and Competencies
- Creative approach to problem solving
- A good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and/or ambiguous situations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Besides being fluent in English, at least an advanced level of German will be required. An additional language such as French or Spanish would be a great plus.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices
- A team player
Understanding of a number of the following topics
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol – SAN connectivity methodologies for storage systems and Cloud
- CIFS, SMB2 & SMB3
- TCP/IP, UDP and Networking
- Usage of tools, logs and support tools to analyze system issues
- Understanding of project management skills
Knowledge of the following is an advantage
- NetApp Data ONTAP operating system
- Perfstat and FAS Autosupport logs
- NAS device administration or support experience
What do they offer:
- Learning and development opportunities
- A professional, international, friendly and ‘down to earth’ work environment
- A competitive basic salary and attractive secondary benefits including pension, healthcare contribution, ESPP
- A quick and professional recruitment process
- Relocation budget