9 days ago
Would you like to work for a company that believes people are its greatest asset?
Our client, one of the largest real estate investment trust companies globally, is looking for a Junior Accountant / Accountant to join their International team here in Amsterdam.
- Perform monthly cash/escrow account reconciliations
- Prepare complex accounting transactions (including but not limited to acquisitions, dispositions, refinancing, build to suit) and prepare related journal entries and reporting files.
- Coordinate with third-party financial statement providers; review and analyze provided financial statements; and journalize to Company books and records.
- Reconcile between third-party financial statements and Company’s books and records.
- Analyze intercompany and related-party transactions, perform supporting reconciliations, and book complex intercompany journal entries.
- Prepare detailed balance sheet analyses and income statement variance and fluctuation analyses in connection with closing packages.
- Monitoring local GAAP or IFRS financial statement preparation and related statutory audits.
- Create and manage ad hoc reporting requests from Asset Management, Treasury and Management.
- Working closely with Corporate Finance, Tax, Treasury and Asset Management departments on forecast and related actual to budget analysis.
- Working closely with property managers on negotiation of lease renewal and amendments.
- Assist in various areas within the Accounting department
- Participate in ongoing process improvement projects.
- Relevant education in Accounting, Business Economics or Finance (CA, ACCA, Bsc or Msc).
- Experience in a similar position, preferably in an international environment.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, in English.
- An energetic, “can do and will do” approach.
- Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work with detail, without losing sight of the business relevance.
- Hard working and willing to put in effort and time.
What do they offer:
- A direct contract for a year, to begin with, but this is a long-term opportunity
- A professional, international work environment
- Competitive basic salary
- Life insurance
- Health insurance contribution
- Discretional performance bonus
- 25 days of holidays