13 days ago
Our client in the FMCG industry is looking for a Packaging Coordinator. If you always wanted to be part of an international company, working cross-boarders in the EMEA region this position is ideal for you! As a Packaging Coordinator, you will be responsible for owning and controlling the packaging launches of all new product introductions and re-designs of customer own brand and industrial/B2B products. You will also manage artwork origination, reprographics, and all major print processes.
- Review the feasibility with regards to packaging format, material or type proposals of potential new contract
- Seek advice and confirmation/alternative solutions with suppliers and provide timely feedback to the commercial team.
- Review customer policies and requirements with regards to packaging format and printing requirements and review and agree them with the suppliers involved
- Control of budgeted spend and inform the commercial team on costs involved in the creation of artwork for each contract/project
- Provide the information to stakeholders on the packaging dimension/material and weights as bases for any packaging/waste fees.
- For new articles initiate the material master process
- Responsible for control of workflow and processes associated with progressing artwork through internal and external procedures from concept to printed packaging, ensuring all new/amended designs are delivered against the launch dates and escalate any anticipated delay in time to key stakeholders.
- Initiate and control the information flow across account managers, retailers, printers, reproduction and artwork houses and factories to ensure that all projects deliver against their pre-established launch dates (cutter guides, designs, text, etc.).
- For contracts seek approvals with customers for re-print/re-use of artwork/packaging.
- Provide input where required to the product specification with regards to packaging.
- Maintain a comprehensive artwork library of all packaging items for all customers and branded products.
- To assimilate and advise on all queries relating to barcoding and to provide technical evaluations of barcode problems and rectification advice.
- Attend bi-weekly Product Launch meeting and communicate updates to the wider business.
- 1-2 years’ experience in packaging, artwork, reprographics within a FMCG environment.
- Excellent communication skills in English. A 2nd EU language is a plus (Polish, French, Dutch)
- Able to negotiate with both internal and external contacts and lead project meetings.
- Aptitude and willingness to undertake a packaging training, e.g., NVC (Nederlands Verpakkings Centrum or any other institute).
- Flexible and pragmatic mindset, accurate and with a commitment to deliver (self-starting).
- Possesses resilience, to drive packaging changes through the business.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required for building strong business relationships internally and with our retail customers.
Interested? Feel free to apply or contact me for more information at email@example.com.