14 days ago
A trendy boutique museum in Amsterdam with a wide range of inspiring modern and contemporary art is looking for a Floor Manager who speaks English and Dutch.
As a Floor Manager (part-time 16-24h per week) it is your duty to supervise all floor activity including assisting visitors, monitoring Floor Crew and managing inventory. The Floor Manager is responsible for ensuring that all floor requirements are met. You must be able to delegate duties to the Crew members while making sure that the staff is trained for their assigned roles.
Do you have excellent problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills and are you highly organized, with an eye for detail? Then this may be the role for you!
- Supervises Floor Crew.
- Trains Floor Crew members.
- Acts as first point of contact for all museum crew.
- Monitor museum areas to provide security of the exhibition artworks (ensure visitors do not touch or endanger works of art). Also monitor the cleanliness and overall tidiness of the museum.
- Supervises sales of the museum store’s merchandise.
- Provide excellent customer experience by interacting with museum visitors and offer a welcoming and friendly environment.
- Resolves issues of visitors and/or giftshop customers to their overall satisfaction.
- Maintains museum store’s merchandise and oversees the retail inventory.
- Maintains the museum store to standards, including stockings and cleaning.
- Responsible for the routine opening-up and closing of museum.
- Supervise and assist in special functions, events and visits.
- Coordinate with Marketing Department to always ensure that all parties are involved are up to date with all promotions and campaigns.
- Highly Organized.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties and tasks as requested by Floor Managers Internal and External Affairs.
- Executing and completing tasks assigned by the Floor Managers Internal and External Affairs successfully, to whom the Floor Managers report to.
- Excellent level of English with a conversational level of Dutch.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Stable work history.
- Flexibility and availability to work morning or evening shift and weekends (the museum is open 365 days a year 7 days a week).
- This job is available on a part-time basis (16-24 hours)
- Be dedicated to customer satisfaction and great customer experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High problem-solving skills and ability to handle complaints or resolve difficult situations.
- Previous work experience in a managerial position in customer service and/or sales is a plus.
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands.
What the Museum Offers
You will be part of an international, young, inspiring and enthusiastic team within an establishment where development is encouraged and promoted.
Feel free to apply or contact me for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.